Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
273 Posts
Murreydobe said:
However, there's only a small handful of handlers I'd use at any time, that list becomes even smaller when it comes to who'd I use to special a dog. Personally, I don't know that I'd ever sell my soul for a backer, and many times that's what you wind up doing with your dog.
Ditto here. When I got divorced, I had to pull my boy from the specials ring. There's no way I'd ever take a backer and lose control of who my dog is bred to, and that seems to be the way most backers recoup their investment.

· Registered
273 Posts
Murreydobe said:
There's almost always a handler involved as well with doberman specials, there's too much competition to try to owner handle at that level of the game..most of the time, the handlers are the ones who find the backers.
And most of the time, the handlers are the ones deciding when, where and to who your dog will be bred.

· Registered
273 Posts
The owner is the one that takes a backer - usually to pay the handler and to pay for advertising. Specialling a dog is expensive -- very expensive if you have a top handler like Gwen, Kelly, Diego.

Some handlers charge by the win, so you pay them an amount if they win breed with your dog, you pay them again for a group placement, and again for best in show -- so potentially several hundred dollars a day. Multiply that out by 2, 3 or 4 day shows every weekend and you can see why it's out of the pricerange of most people.

· Registered
273 Posts
Not by looking at the dog - I've never seen her before - but by the picture. If you look at the little sign, it says the name of the kennel club, what she won and has the date. Then all you have to do is go to the AKC website and find the results for that club & date.

dobie lover said:
I find it just amazing how you can tell who the dog is bye just looking at her. I know she is in your area but still..wow

Shodobe - she is a very pretty girl, I can't wait to see more pics of her.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.