Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Two
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My name is Faline, you may or may not recognize me from one other forum, though I've been terribly inactive on it. I got my Doberman, Logan three years ago, and at the time I was 18.
As you may tell, I'm from Arizona. All the way down in the south where it's cooler than Phoenix, but warmer than Flag. I'm currently attending college, and work part-time as a file clerk. I'm often allowed to bring him into work, so he's almost never alone. I also volunteer with local TNR of feral cat colonies in my town, and whoops, accidentally kept one. I'm a hobbyist photographer and spend a lot of my free time drawing. Let me know if you'd like to see anything!

Logan just turned three on January 17th, and once I move out of my parents' home, I plan to return him to obedience classes to refine some of his training.

He's got a little sag after trying to tango with a rattlesnake, but he's doing well with that injury aside from a small scar (you'll see a white spot on the left side of his muzzle). He is now rattlesnake trained and hopefully safe from that reoccurring.

Some of his harmless habits include:
Pressing on cats or puppies with his nose to check for squeakers.
Stuffing himself in the cat bed.
Generally acting more like a cat than a dog.

I'll include an old puppy picture from the day I brought him home.

·
Premium Member
7,829 Posts
Cute pup!
Welcome from Florida.
We have a photo contest going on for puppy pics.
Check it out!
Oh yeah, we love photos.
Consider starting a thread dedicated to your dog and you can post your favorite pics and stories as much as you want to.....

·
Super Moderator
21,688 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome!
You and your Logan are very welcome! Nice photos!
Our Bella is rattler aversion trained and she has alerted us of their presence very well and stayed clear of them. The trainers have not opened their local schedule due to covid, so Loki has not had the 1st training yet. However there was a baby rattler near the house one night and they both averted.

I'd love to hear more of the rattlesnake story when you have time. Did he have the vaccine etc.

I can start a ew thread on the Rattler Aversion training.

·
Premium Member
7,829 Posts
Rattlesnake aversion??? Someone needs to start a thread on that along with techniques.
I am in Florida and we have many critters.
Its a zoo in Florida.
Rattlesnakes !!!
Hoss has experienced black snakes so far he stays at a distance and barks at them.
But maybe thats a bad technique......so maybe someone with time will start a thread on this topic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts