Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, It's official! I am on the waiting list for a female dobe puppy. :) I found out last night that the pregnancy was confirmed. I didn't want to say anything until I knew for sure. There are a few people ahead of me for females, the owner of the father, and a lady who wants one for SAR work, so I am third for a female.

I finally got to meet the mother last weekend at a UDC show, and the father is here in Raleigh, NC. I saw him at a mock trial that I took Rommel to (we were doing a mock BH) and I got to see him again last weekend at the UDC show. I have been checking out the fathers website for quite some time though.

The father is Arras von Moeller Hof, SchH III, IPO II, FFB VG1-A, RH-1, WAE, CGC and the mother is Josiah's Saving Grace, VCD1, CDX, CGC.

They are due on Christmas Eve. I am really excited. If all goes as planned, I am taking Rommel to the Georgia-lina Schutzhund Club trial the weekend of February 10th to try for his BH, and I will be able to pick up the puppy the following week.

And just so that you all know.........YES, Rommel will be neutered between 18-24 months. He will be 15 months the week just before the BH.

I'm really excited! :dancing_b :dancing_b

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
:dancing_b wow!! I am really excited for you!! A new puppy, what a nice present for Xmas. Do you know what you plan to do with her...O.B. Agility...SCH. ??
Do you have pics. of the parents? I would love to see them.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okie-dobie said:
:dancing_b wow!! I am really excited for you!! A new puppy, what a nice present for Xmas. Do you know what you plan to do with her...O.B. Agility...SCH. ??
Do you have pics. of the parents? I would love to see them.
My plans are OB and SchH. :D I do have a couple of pics.

This is the father
http://www.vonmoellerhof.com/arras.html

and this is the mother

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Very exciting, congratulations. My what a handsome couple moma and popa are. The dad has such a sweet smiley face, kind. Perfect timing for all.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another thing that made me really happy was the longevity in the pedigree.

The sire is 6, the dam is 4, the father of the sire lived to be 9 years old, the mother is still alive, she was 11 in June. The dam's mother died at age 10, the father died in an accident. Alex v haus Jagen is the grandfather of both the sire and dam, and he lived to be almost 15 (14 years, 8 months) Then the C litter v Kaiserhaus (Catera & Cita) are on both sides, Cita lived to be 13, not sure about Catera, but Camilla (their sister) lived to be 11. So they have good longevity on both sides, which means hopefully she will be around a long, long time :D

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Very nice BIB, Mom & Dad are good looking dogs and Dad has had a fair amount of health testing. Again, congrats.!!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Everyone :D The mom has also been health tested She is OFA Good, Her Thyroid and Heart both came back normal in September.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
And just so that you all know.........YES, Rommel will be neutered between 18-24 months. He will be 15 months the week just before the BH.
HAHA!!! I know I always am commenting on pictures with his boy parts lol. seriously Im just not use to seeing it. haha.
THAT IS SOOOO EXCITING! wooo hooo!!!! Now you'll have more to decorate your dog room with!!!! :) lol. Im excited for you!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I know his sister

Ava, she has an Otch here in Canada and was up there as far as working Dobermans in Canada.

I do know that she was a challenge to socialize; was quite shy.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
That is great news BIB! Congrats! That would be a perfect Christmas gift for yourself.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
I told you they were addictive BiB, before you know it there are 4 of em running round like lunatics!! :)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
BIB, I am so excited for you, both Mom and dad are real lookers. If when you pick her up, another little girl sneaks into your coat pocket, let me know, I can be down there in about 5 hours!

cc

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Wow!! I'm so happy for you!!! He is a handsome devil and with quite a list of accomplishments! I bet your baby is going to be adorable :)

But I am concerned though.... My dear Piper just may feel "overdobed" in her house, she simply must come live with me :)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Ahhhh, but then poor Lexi will be compeltely ovewhelmed with all the cats and pits. whe will need a proper "dobe home" and must come live with me!

cc

1 - 20 of 34 Posts