Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is the first picture of my new Dobie. She just got her ears done today, I took ownership of her at the Vet's office. She slept almost all the way home, in this picture, she's still in the truck. I've since moved her, crate and all into the house. She's still sleeping, she's had a big day! More pictures to follow after she wakes up and starts running around.

She was born on Valentine's Day, so she turned 9 weeks old yesterday. I haven't come up with a name yet, so for now her name is "Puppy".

I want to thank everyone on this site for answering all my stupid questions, and I want to thank everybody here in advance for all the answers to come.

If it weren't for Dobermantalk dot com, I probably would have brought home a dog with a questionable or bogus family history, and put cash in the pocket of another back-yard breeder.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Awww! congrats on your new puppy!!!!! what kind of names are thinking of? awww what a pretty girl from what I can see!!!! :) so she was born on Valentine's Day...That is two days before my birthday ;) I hope puppy wakes up soon and starts posing for more pictures lol

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I'm very happy for you Chaz! I know how happy you must be to have another doberman in your house again. She is beautiful and I can't wait to see more pics of the girl!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Yup :) Don't want anyone to think that we have this "secret share secrets" thing going on though :) I was wondering the other day how it was going with the puppy search and pm'd him. He was kind enough to tell me about her. And although he didn't say to "not" say anything, he didn't say that I should either, hence the "secret" :)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

She's awake now. She's eaten (she's a good eater!) and she's a handful.

Twenty-four pounds.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
She should be worried. She had just met my cat, Buford-Terror of the Rats.

I'll try to get a profile shot so you can see her face.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
wow she is going to be a huge girl!!! since she is such a large strong looking girl she is going to love going hiking and to the dog park with you for excersise! :) Wow this is so exciting I bet you are so happy! I tried looking up and coming up with names...but I'm going to leave that to you ;) im not so good at it. lol

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I need to come up with a name quick because she comes when she's called already. The cat doesn't think much of her, and my other three slobbering mutts ignore her. Katie is much more interested in the crate than the puppy.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I'll post more sites I find...

At this site I searched under nature because when I think of you and mavis...i think of the dog park, the beach...hiking..etc..
some of the names are pretty plain...but some where you really have to read the meanings are pretty cool.
http://www.bowwow.com.au/search/search.asp
Nova
Information about this name:
Related Name:Star
Meaning: A star that suddenly becomes much brighter.
http://www.petnamesworld.com/search.php?tab=4&f_girl=1&f_both=1&f_containtype=contain&f_start=&f_lengthtype=&f_chars=&f_meaning=&f_land=&f_starstype=0&f_stars%5Bdog%5D=1&f_submit=1&f_searchtype=advanced&qsearch=1&browseby=1&x=21&y=6
Name: Teva
Origin: Hebrew
Meaning: Nature
Name: Moanna
Origin: Hawaiian
Meaning: Ocean
Im guessing that is pronounced MOW-ON-AH or MOW-HA-NA now that I think about the song in Lilo and stitch

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
What a cutiepie :) She is gonna be a big girl! I am so happy for you! I am sure we will be seeing lots of pictures. (We BETTER, or we will harass you until we do!) Haha...

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
do you have any litter themes you have to follow? what about ideas from the names of the parents? is her registered name already picked out, and do you just have to pick her call name? i am stupid, but i always like the call name and registered name to have a theme to them, so they match...

shes very cute!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
A good friend of mine has a horse names "Amicus" "Uh-Me-kus" Which means best friend, or friend in latin. I always that was a really neat name.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I used to joke with Mavis; I would tell her "you're so smart I should have named you Mensa". I might name this one Mensa. Her registered name is "Shaden's - - - - -", It's my job to fill in the blank. Mom's name is Dangerous Alliance, but they call her Frenchi. Dad's name is Hidden Dragon, I don't know what his recall name is. I can't see any kind of pattern in the pedigree.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts