Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Dobermantalk!
I grew up Obedience training Dobermans and Dalmatians. My father trained k-9 officers and just 'loved' having dals :) He was drawn to GSD and our dobermans by default. Anyway, I grew up, went to college and ventured off the dog world roads. I recently graduated with my BSN in nursing and we are on the hunt for a fawn doberman (i always loved the diluted colors) and are itching to start titling again. Dixie was my first doberman, she was black and tan. Diesel was my first Dalmatian, he was black spotted with one ear patch. Thanks for having me!

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!!

Not sure if you would be interested or not, but, please check out a few Rescue Doberman if you get the chance.

Good luck with your research and search for just the right dog/pup.

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts
Welcome from Missouri!

A rescue would be a great option to find a dilute. Not that you can't find dilutes from good breeders, it's just sometimes more of a hunt since many good breeders don't breed for dilutes and some even purposely avoid breeding dilutes (because of the potential allergy/skin issues).

Good luck in your search!

Reactions: ZeldaRules

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Welcome to DT and I wish you the best of luck on your search. This site is a fantastic resource for finding reputable breeders and I hope you find it helpful.

A rescue would be a great option to find a dilute. Not that you can't find dilutes from good breeders, it's just sometimes more of a hunt since many good breeders don't breed for dilutes and some even purposely avoid breeding dilutes (because of the potential allergy/skin issues).

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
I agree that rescue is a good place to find a fawn Doberman. The vast majority of good breeders don't breed dilutes due to inherent coat problems. There are a few that get them occasionally, but you might be in for a very long wait. Of course, you can find them frequently from less than desirable breeders, often times these sub-par breeders tout them as rare and charge more money for them. Good luck in your search and welcome to DT.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Welcome!
Sounds like you and I have a similar background, Though it was an amazing mentor who took me under his wing when I was 13 with my first dobe in obedience when my family lived in California. He trained K9 team dogs for police and Sheriff departments,, peronal security dogs and also did movie work. So I was exposed to a lot of different breeds and styles of training. (he had sheperds and bull terriers)

Good luck on your search for just the right pup!

Best,

Bev

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma, we have two fosters, sorry both black and tan. One of them (Jackson) I have started in agility, he is doing so well I thought I might get with the local K9 units and see if there is a need for him. We would like to place him where he could be utilized, otherwise we may end up using him as a mentor to our fosters, but that limits how many dobes we can help. Sorry for jabbering on.:D

·
One Lucky Mama!
892 Posts
Welcome from CT.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts