Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am dumbfounded! We finally got our little red boy Cain on Friday and we were prepared for crate problems, potty accidents, biting/chewing, being up late etc etc...Welllll so far (fingers tightly crossed) we have experienced NONE of those things! He went into his crate Friday night and enjoyed a treat and some attention and just lay down. We closed the door and he whimpered for maybe 30 seconds. We turned out the lights to go to bed and he wailed for maybe 2-3 more minutes and then nothing!! I took him out at 2am and 4am and he peed and went right back to bed. Saturday night was exactly the same! Sunday night I only took him out @ 4am and woke up this morning to a sleeping pup in a clean crate. I had to crate him twice during the day today and he whined for 1-2 minutes each time then settled down to his KONG. He has yet to have a accident in the house and passed his vet exam today with flying colors! Is he leading me on or something??? LOL Just wanted to brag on my little guy for a bit.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Congrats on your new puppy!

Reactions: acwil88

·
We Serve the Doberman
900 Posts
And just where are the cute puppy pictures for us to oooh and aaah over!!

Sorta kidding, I am a sucker for puppy pics.

Congrats on such a smooth transition....hang on, those doberteens are coming!

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,301 Posts
My daughter was a perfect little girl, and everyone said, "just wait til she's a teenager; you'll pay for it then!" And they were right!

Dobes go through their teenage time about, oh, ten to fourteen months. Hint :)

Just kidding (I hope).

Sounds like you should be proud of your puppy! Congratulations!!
Pictures...........where?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry guys I knew I shoulda posted pics with this lol. I will get some up today! BTW he slept through the night with no potty breaks and no whining but boy was he hyper this morning! And in regards to these "doberteens"...I fully expect them to be intense! I think he is saving up his mischeif for his teens lol.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Love the red boys! And nice face.
CONGRATS
Wait till he settles in, though and then look out. LOL
Excellent job on crate, Cain!!!!! Start teaching him sleep and quiet commands even though he is being stellar.

Reactions: acwil88

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea he has "settled in" considerably since we got him! lol He still is amazing with his crate but he also loves to run full speed around the entire house now every hour or so and he has had one minor pee accident in the house which was undoubtedly my fault. He has got "sit" and "stay" and "shake" down pretty well with no distraction yet and he will go into his crate on command (albeit slowly). Still having some leash manner issues and still not happy with his transition to a new food (blue) and his bowel movements but he has been a dream so far. Still bracing for doberteens!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yea he has "settled in" considerably since we got him! lol He still is amazing with his crate but he also loves to run full speed around the entire house now every hour or so and he has had one minor pee accident in the house which was undoubtedly my fault. He has got "sit" and "stay" and "shake" down pretty well with no distraction yet and he will go into his crate on command (albeit slowly). Still having some leash manner issues and still not happy with his transition to a new food (blue) and his bowel movements but he has been a dream so far. Still bracing for doberteens!
Awesome . Congratulations. He's beautifull. Love the name too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts