Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Bailey. He's 10 weeks old and going to get his ears cropped tomorrow. I've had him now for three weeks.
My 2 year old needed a playmate. It's easy to say they get along & my girl is teaching the house rules.
She was the one who taught him to go up and down stairs. I had some trouble getting him to come back down
until she got tired of the whinning and just nosed him over the top step. He bounced off every step but he learned
that instant. Let the madness begin, again.
Dog Carnivore Picture frame Jaw Working animal
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Snout
Dog Dog breed Comfort Carnivore Fawn

·
Big Lil pup
7,537 Posts
Hi Bailey. Nice to have you here. Now you try and be nice to your sister. Remember... She is not a chew toy! LOL

@ jimg. Have you read up recently of post-crop aftercare? If not there is a good discussion about the subject in the Ear Cropping and Posting sub-forum in the Puppy Corner Forum. That is also where you will find member greenkoukis terrific visual tutorial on ear posting. It is titled How to: Posting show cropped ears using the backer rod method.
It would be great to see some photos. And, while I realize that this is not your first rodeo, be sure to come back on with any post-crop questions.

John L.
Portland OR

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Bailey. Nice to have you here. Now you try and be nice to your sister. Remember... She is not a chew toy! LOL

@ jimg. Have you read up recently of post-crop aftercare? If not there is a good discussion about the subject in the Ear Cropping and Posting sub-forum in the Puppy Corner Forum. That is also where you will find member greenkoukis terrific visual tutorial on ear posting. It is titled How to: Posting show cropped ears using the backer rod method.
It would be great to see some photos. And, while I realize that this is not your first rodeo, be sure to come back on with any post-crop questions.

John L.
Portland OR
Thank you for the tip, I'll have a look. Bailey is my 4th Dobe and I did all the posting with the first three and use the backer rod method with a modification. That said I still pay attention to other methods & techniques, never too old to learn something new. Savannah was out of her posts at 5.5 months old and never had to re-post. I introduced him to his posting/grooming table today to give him his first ear cleaning. Savannah actually loves getting her ears cleaned, Bailey doesn't see the benefit yet but didn't throw a nutty about it.
I'll post some pics as he develops.
Jim G.
Aurora, Co.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts