Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first one is my fav. It really shows her personality.

This last one she is laying where the sandbox use to be. She moved it with her nose looking for moles.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
awwwwwww she looks so sweet!!!!!! since she is looking upward with that happy and satisfied look on her face it looks to me like she has a high outlook on life now :) so pretty!

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Nice pics. she looks so happy!!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Java has that same sandbox in tan - but we fill it with water and let her use it as a pool when the weather is unbearably hot and she needs to burn off steam.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Codysmom said:
Such a lovely lady! I have been out of the loop for a while CoalsMom. Is she a new member of the family?

cc
I adopted her 3 weeks ago from Illinois Doberman Rescue. I wasn't really looking for another dog so soon after losing Cole, but when I saw her on another forum I noticed she had 3 legs and Cole was supposed to have lived after his amputation.

So I talked to her foster mom and her previous foster mom of 2 years (who ironically I know from a non Doberman board) and she sounded like a perfect fit for my family.

She's 3 years old and they don't know how she lost her leg. They do know she was abused and has scars all over her and even a bb lodged in her neck :(.

She is a very sweet, smart girl that just wants to please. She's getting along great with my kids and is a big love. I'm really happy that I got her.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about Coal. I didn't know that you lost him.

I am very happy for you and Peaches. isn't it amazine how people can kick the $hit out of these dogs and they are still willing to love you with all they have? molly is the same way. she isn't hand shy - or any kind of shy for that matter! all she wants to do is love you.

congratulations to both of you.
cc

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Codysmom said:
I am so sorry to hear about Coal. I didn't know that you lost him.

I am very happy for you and Peaches. isn't it amazine how people can kick the $hit out of these dogs and they are still willing to love you with all they have? molly is the same way. she isn't hand shy - or any kind of shy for that matter! all she wants to do is love you.

congratulations to both of you.
cc
Cole had bone cancer and died sadly the day after amputation. We're not sure what went wrong as he was doing well the morning after. He got up by himself to go outside and followed me around work some. He started going down hill that afternoon and died that night on my living room floor.

That isn't how it was suppose to happen and I was quite shocked. So I feel I was suppose to have a 3 legged dog and I think Cole hooked me up with Peaches. He would have loved her.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I think peaches felt she was suppose to have you too coal-s-mom:) we love seeing pictures of peaches and would love to see more of her often :)

·
Registered
986 Posts
Too bad the moles can't see that sweet face...er....uh...though on second thought... Moles dig straight down 'cause Peaches is in town!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TracyJo said:
Looks like a missing leg hasn't slowed her down! Great pics! Hey, we used to be neighbors kind of, I'm also originally from right outside of St. Louis...
The girl can run! It's really quite amazing to watch her. It's so cool dogs don't get hung up on their handicaps. My first Doberman was also handicapped from birth. My best guess is he was a "ding" puppy, but for almost 9 years it didn't slow him down one bit. Many times I imagined Max wondering why all the other dogs walked straight.

I'm south of St Louis in Jefferson County.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sooz said:
Too bad the moles can't see that sweet face...er....uh...though on second thought... Moles dig straight down 'cause Peaches is in town!
Lol! I hope she does catch a few. I'm leery about putting poison in my yard to either kill them or kill the grub worms that they are after.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
CM- since you're so close and all... If you get it in your head that you want another boy... There is a 1yr old black/rust available at Alton Area Animal Aid Association, just right across the Mississippi from you... :) http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6818799 - 5A's used to be a no kill shelter but I'm not sure if they still are or not...

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
She looks great CM. Looks like she is fitting right in and enjoying it.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TracyJo said:
CM- since you're so close and all... If you get it in your head that you want another boy... There is a 1yr old black/rust available at Alton Area Animal Aid Association, just right across the Mississippi from you... :) http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6818799 - 5A's used to be a no kill shelter but I'm not sure if they still are or not...
He looks like a handsome boy. You can see the energy in his eyes too!

I'm not looking for another dog just yet though. I hope he finds a great home. Hopefully since he is so young it won't take long.

Do you know if they neuter him before placement?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
She looks great CM! She has really fit in and become a part of the family huh? Her expression reminds me so much of Lexy's mom, I'll have to dig up a pic of her in the same pose as Peaches's first pic, you'll see what I mean.
Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
When I volunteered there(almost 20 years ago), they didn't; however, it was mandatory that the dog was altered within a certain period of time and all new owners were sent home with a coupon from local vets that offered reduced cost spay/neuter to shelter animals. But from what I understand, the old director has been replaced within the past 6 months or so and there is a new board that is implementing all kinds of changes. I worry though, because it lists him as intact and doesn't say anything about neuter prior to placement...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts