Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I just wanted everyone to know how much I enjoy all your pictures and that video--what a treat! I still haven`t exactly sorted everyone out, but am trying. I finally posted a picture of Tamora in the gallery--you don`t know how much trouble I have had doing that. Anyway my brother who is in visiting (he is basicly a cat person which I won`t hold against him).He helped me. I still have another one to load, which we are still planning to do and I want to post a picture with my messages.So we will see.
A little about myself. I am owned by 2 dogs and 4 cats. I actually only own 1 dog and 1 cat but there are stories for each of them.
Anyway I do enjoy this forum. It is informative as well as fun. The pictures I just love.
Thank you again.
Tamora & Coppers` mom

·
Registered
954 Posts
From one newbie to another, welcome! I love your picture. I just recently sorted out the picture size issue when uploading. Seems, the software I have allows pictures to be edited as either web small or large. The last picture I posted I edited to web small before uploading and it was a much better fit. Now all I need to do is figure out how to edit the pictures I've already posted! I have a few that are too large.

Oh, my red girl loves to play with empty water bottles also. Tamora looks like a real sweetie! How old is she?

Phil

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Phil. Tamora is a sweetie. In that picture she was 5 months old. She is now 7 months. I understand the difficulties of uploading. this is all so new to me. How old is Lena. She has an unusual name too. She`s a cutie.
I`m still trying to figure out--all sorts of stuff here. Hopefully this appears as a reply.
Char--Tamora & Coppers` mom

·
Registered
954 Posts
Me too, there is lot's to sort through. Lena is almost 10 months old.

Strange thing about her name - When we decided on getting a Doberman, we (son, daughter, and wife) tried to decide on a name and we finally settled on Lena. (It was almost Dena.)

We met up with Lena's breeder at an out-of-state show to see her puppies. (Sounds simple, but believe me, a lot of work went into setting up that meeting; questionnaires, references, etc.) After looking her puppies over and making a decision, I asked the breeder what she was calling the puppy I wanted to take home, she said, "Lena." Talk about a surprise. I called my daughter over and asked her to tell the breeder what we were going to name our new puppy. When my daughter said Lena, the breeder also got wide eyed. I guess it was meant to be. By the way, Lena's registered name is Pantheon's Alena v Scudamore.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Hi and welcome to our forum from me and the Doberman Gang

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you brumwolf. I can see why you say and the gang. Like potato chips you can`t have only one. Really cute pictures. I tried to insert a picture with my message but had no luck. Any tips? we could not find a url with the picture. (if that makes any sense.)

Phil, I know what you mean about what you went through to get your puppy. We were waiting before there even was a breeding. So we did have a bit of a wait. Tamora is the name of a rose. The litter was to have the name of roses in there registered names. So did I do alot of internet researching on roses) I didn`t know there were so many. Anyway we came up with Tamora.
Char--Tamora and Coppers` mom

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Beautiful picture of your babies. I love that Tamora has her paws resting on Copper's. Welcome, and enjoy the forum.:)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Char--Tamora and Coppers` mom wrote:
Tamora is the name of a rose. The litter was to have the name of roses in there registered names. So did I do alot of internet researching on roses) I didn`t know there were so many. Anyway we came up with Tamora.
Thanks for explaining where Tamora's name came from. What a wonderful idea!

Phil

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Hi again alwayshadpets or AHP for short,I did a bit of image editing for you as the pics were too big to post,i have inserted them in your original post which makes it easier to see them than having to go to the gallery.When posting pictures always highlight and copy the direct link code of the pic and paste it in the box that appears when you click the insert image button,the direct link code is the first one you come to after you click on the image you want to post.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks brumwolf. My brother is here visiting us from Astoria Oregon. I live in the midwest. I`m printing yur reply and we will sit down again. Thanks. Also for the tip AHP--I like that. I never gave that a thought. Good thing I didn`t pick something with not appropiate letters.

AHP

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Welcome! Your girl is beautiful! I love her crop. Hope you enjoy the forum, and I look forward to alot more pictures of your pups! :D

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Hi! Welcome! Your dogs are beautiful :) Duchess is my girl...and she is 2! Isnt it nice to see so many pictures and videos of dobes! and information all in the same spot! that isnt Google! lol :) You'll get to know everyone here soon enough :)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
welcome to the forum. I had to laugh when I saw the picture of Tamora and her plastic bottle. my Cody LOVED plastic bottles. (There is a picture of him in my gallery chewing on a plastic half gallon of Black Velvet- he liked that too) I think he liked the noise they made when he was chewing on them - he also like to shred the envelopes with the plastic windows in them. He used to go crazy when we put a few gravel rocks in the bottle, so when he ran or shook his head the bottle would make even more noise.

thank you for bring back some wonderful memories of my very first doberboy.

welcome to DT, I am Carrie and I have a 6 year old doberboy named Apollo, and the one and a half year old spawn of Satan aka Molly

cc

1 - 18 of 18 Posts