Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just signed up on this website by coming across it and it is pretty darn cool! I have a dobe who turned 9 weeks Tuesday and she got her ears cropped that day with a medium crop cut. My vet has them on top of her head with an ace bandage wrapped around and an E-collar. She is also taking Medication called Rimadyl once a day for 10 days until stiches are removed. She still constantly shakes her head and seems to be bothered. She is the biggest/cutest baby and I was wondering if she might be able to take Benidryl as well to makie her stop trying to itch and to possibly make her tired? I am with her everyday all day as I work from home. She gets the stiches out next Friday and my vet is going to do the taping for the whole procedure time needed. If there is anything else I need to know, please keep me updated! I attched a pic of before what her ears looked like and now how it is wrapped!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
27,068 Posts
Check with your vet before you give any medication--especially if your puppy is already taking a med. Even check about over-the-counter drugs--some people meds are quite dangerous for a dog to take. (Some surprising foods too--chocolate most folks know about, but how about grapes and raisins? Glance over a list of poisons for dogs while you're at it; puppies eat everything!)

Check out the section on ears and cropping in our doberman archives--there are several threads which talk about cropping, ear aftercare and the posting process. It's a good place to start. http://www.dobermantalk.com/dt-educational-archive/8772-ear-cropping-posting.html

There are several methods and ways of taking care of newly cropped ears and posting them, some good and some not so good. If you have questions about the process or are worried about strange smells or a lot of fussing by the puppy, start asking questions of your vet, research, come here--it's better to ask baseless questions than have a real problem develop that nobody noticed. We have a list of folks who volunteer to help folks with their ear care and posting--you could look and see if there is anyone close by if you need hands-on help.

http://www.dobermantalk.com/puppy-c...ll-help-new-owners-ears-please-post-here.html

Oh, I almost forgot--Welcome to DT, from Colorado!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts