Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are adopting a new Doberman. His owner does not have the time for him so we will become his new permanent home. He is a red, docked and cropped. AKC, 13 months old intact (for the moment anyway). He is 70# and quite friendly. Still only a pup,which I am happy about. His current owner has had him on a diet of Diamond premium. I am not familiar with that food, as mako eats Chicken soup for the dog and raw. I just hope he can adjust to the new diet. I may need to do half and half for a start (eewww I think) Anyone ever hear of Diamond premium? Ohh I will post pics ASAP. He will arrive Monday :dancing_b

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yeah i have heard of it.. its almost as good as the chicken soup. I dont buy it though cause at the moment we cant afford the good stuff. its about 1$ a lb less then th chicken soup here.. but if i had my choice i would switch him to the chicken :)
http://www.diamondpet.com/
Heres the site for you to check out.
not sure if it will help much

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank-you you all sooooooooo much for your input. When he told me diamond, I first thought hmm that is the nut company(heh I love nuts and so does mako). He said he was paying $17 a bag, which seems cheap to the $26 I pay now, but I am happy with chicken soup. The dog's name is Zuess, but I am changing it to Suessa (zoo-sah) very similiar. Suessa means sweetie or cutie pie. Ohhh and I will have camera in hand to post pictures of him promptly to you all.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Congrats on the new addition. Yeah Diamond was the food with all the recalls. I haven't heard much on it since.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Good on you for giving him a home,May he be all you want and more.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for sharing my excitement.Suessa has spent a majority of his life in a kennel as his parents are heavily involved with horses and are often doing shows. We also used to spend a good amount of time with our horses too, we had a couple rescues. I am just glad he considered his dog's welfare as well. He also took the time to select his dog's new family.It is so important to these dogs to bond with their family or they can start inheriting negative behavioral traits. We are prepared to commit time for his adjustments and to provide positive reinforcements and reassurance.Since he has a lot of kennel experience he is used to a little bit of excitement and mayhem. Two more days, I am--err I mean my kids are excited :D

·
Registered
602 Posts
=SeaNemesis]Thanks for sharing my excitement.Suessa has spent a majority of his life in a kennel as his parents are heavily involved with horses and are often doing shows. We also used to spend a good amount of time with our horses too, we had a couple rescues. I am just glad he considered his dog's welfare as well. He also took the time to select his dog's new family.It is so important to these dogs to bond with their family or they can start inheriting negative behavioral traits. We are prepared to commit time for his adjustments and to provide positive reinforcements and reassurance.Since he has a lot of kennel experience he is used to a little bit of excitement and mayhem.
Great of you to provide this dobie a home. Wish you all the best.

Two more days, I am--err I mean my kids are excited :D
Haha....I am sure....:dancing_b

Naveen

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
SeaNemesis I am so excited for you..err I mean your kids :tongue23:

Actually I am excited for this Dobe that will have a great home and I can't wait for pics. This is great and he is around the same age as my female, who is 14 months. Good age!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ohhh thanks everyone. He will be arriving tomorrow and WE <grin> cannot wait. We knew we wanted another at some point, but this fellow needed a home soon and needed someone who is familiar with the breed. I am glad to hear that he does come from a good pedigree, but I would have loved him anyway. Ohh and RedGirl, you are indeed correct. Diamond is the maker of Chicken Soup as well. BTW what an adorable picture of the little pups. Reminds me when Mako was a weebit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts