Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 doberman and 1 pit
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my puppy at 8 weeks old his name his "Sarge" (Sargeant)

So, I had my pups hears cropped(10weeks) on November 2nd. he knocked the cup off about 3 days in(of 4 recommended) and then a 4 days later had the first post it was told to leave for 12 days, we made it (kinda) 6 days because I had to reposted twice in those 6 days. Yesterday, he took one off and he has a appointment next Tuesday for reposting we decided take off other to let them breathe for a couple days. Then post again before his appointment. (I'm sure we will escape before the appointment anyways) but his ears are standing up already and they are up its been almost 24 hours ...are they done? He's no longer doing puppy nipping is teeth done? He's now about 13 weeks old here's what they looked like when before cropping with cup off before first post and now (our process)
Light Road surface Plant Dog Asphalt

Dog Wood Carnivore Dog breed Fawn

Dog Dog breed Companion dog Carnivore Snout

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Grey Working animal

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Fawn

Dog Working animal Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Fawn

Dog Carnivore Ear Working animal Dog breed

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Fawn

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Home appliance Collar

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Ear Houseplant

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
His ears may or may not be "done". The reason that it's often recommended that you continue t post through teething is that as GP Person^^points out ears often do all sorts of things during teething. And it's much easier to keep posting than to stop and then try to start--puppies who have been OK about getting their ears posted and leaving the posts alone sometime get really resistant to starting posting again after a break.

You may have succeeded in gettng your puppy to stop the eternal puppy biting but teething is definitely not "done". In fact at 13 weeks he probably hasn't even started to teeth.

Teething in Doberman puppies usually starts at around 4 months (around 16+ weeks) and continues until around 6 months. The easy way to check to see if teething has started is to lift his upper lip and look at the incisors. Those will be the first baby teeth lost and replaced by 6 permanent incisors top ad bottom (between the puppy canine incisors). The next place they lose the baby teeth is the premolars--top and bottom--behind the puppy canines--and then the molars will usually erupt and the puppy canine incisors will fall out (often the adult canine will show up before the puppy canine is lost.

Often the first thing that you might notice about teething is blood on some favored chew toy.

Very cute puppy and a nice ear crop which is looking good but I'd keep posting at this point.

dobebug

·
Registered
99 Posts
What a cutie!! Our last boy's name was Sarge, too. He was a rescue and coming up on two years since we lost him.

I hate to be that person, but just want to make sure you know the full word is actually spelled Sergeant. It gets mixed up a lot because of the pronunciation, but just wanted to point it out if you happened to not know.

·
Premium Member
12,759 Posts
Dobbie , Good job - yes get that ear posted back up or you will lose what you have already did

1 - 10 of 10 Posts