Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have quite a few trainers wanting to train my pups however my husband didn't like the idea of sending our pups to another state.. sooo..
I am looking for a Professional trainer for my 3 Imported Doberman Pinscher pups ..
First off I would like to get some good basic obedience training for the 3 pups - on/ of leash training and when they are ready advanced obedience training. I would like it if I could get some help with conformation training, stacking etc.. later for the ring. I would like to get them into some shows! Also get them Schutzhund training so they can get working titles as well.
I don't want them to jump up on my little girls or be aggressive at all. Just very confident in what they do. I want them to be very obedient, Well rounded family Dobermans!
I am putting so much into these pups I only want the best for them. I have some amazing pups that are Being imported to me from some of the best kennels in the world! They are all 100% Euro and top of the line!
Looking for only the best trainer, Perhaps you are one or know of one in California? or who would travel to Cali? I want to work out a deal! I will be offering a top pick puppy from one of my first litters from one these world class amazing pups in trade of training these 3 pups.
My first litter will be in 2010!
Trainer must be a professional and dedicated.
Let me know if you or anyone you know is interested.
I'm doing ok on my own as for right now, We got sit , Down , and stay down pretty good.. but I would like a pro to finish the rest.

Questions for the trainer..

Do you have any references?
How long have you been training?
Where did you learn to train Dogs?
Have you ever trained a Doberman Pinscher before?
How long are your courses?
What do your courses consist of as far as training goes for 3 month old pups?
What is your plan on training my Dobermans?
I would like all 3 to have all courses of training to adulthood.
Thanks for your time.
~FSD~

·
Registered
205 Posts
Horrible dog trainer!

What ever you do...do not go to davethedogtrainer.com or any one of his people (a lot of different sites, same buisness). We believe (my family) that he is seriously on drugs.

When I got Cairo at 9 weeks, I contacted his company. Everything sounded good and they sent some one over. Had the initial consult, (I liked the lady and looked forward to working with her), was givin the option to make payments or pay all at once...I paid $695 and made an apt about a month out so that he would be old enough. They cashed my check twice. When I called to tell them, I spoke to the owner (Dave) himself. Told him what happened. He appologized and said that the phyisical check was cashed by hand and then accidentally deposited electronically. Some pit bulls got into the office and messed up the stacks of papers on the desk (he trains onsite as well as board and train). Well...I accepted his applogy and he brought me a check. Things were all good. Also, I had contacted the bank (first) as well so they were doing research. Well...few days later my water heater broke and had to pay over $600 for replacement. Oddly enough, the bank reversed his check so now I had paid him twice and he paid me twice...zero bal right? I called to explain what happen I asked if I could make the payments since the large bill I had inccured (left message). He called back some what upset but after re-explaining I thought he understood. I told him I would pay him by card over the phone but I didn't have it with me so I would call him back later. Well...this was Friday. He and his office staff called back repetedly (stoped answering because I was at work and could not talk about it). Any way...I got off work after 5 and thought it was too late to call. I would just call on Monday right? This man called me at midnight on Saturday morning on my cell phone demanding money! I told him I was sorry I had not called back but thought it was too late and would be dealing with it on Monday (didn't know what time it was). He said Monday would not work for him. Well, when I saw the time I told him "its after midnight, I am asleep! I will call you in the morning" "Well I am not asleep and you have my money!" I hung up on him and he kept calling so I turned my cell phone off. Do you know this man drove from a different city and showed up at my door banging at half past midnight like the police? "You have my money and I am not leaving till you give it to me" I told him to leave or I was calling the cops. "if I leave here with out my money, I will bring people back to come and collect it!" Mind you, I have two children in the house under 6, sister, sister's bf and myself. Scared us to death. Called the police, they would not come right away since he was not threating to do bodily harm they said...what ever! They came after he left. I had to write him a check so he would leave us alone. When we opened the door to give him the check, he appologized to my sister and her bf. "sorry to involve you in this but she had my money" Fast forward this long story....next day I called judge judy and a few others to make a complaint (J. Judy show called back)...well after they contacted him, he had the nerve to call me and demand to know what was wrong...and he could counter sue...I re-explained it to him...over and over again....he never applogized sincerily. Said he would mail me a check. Thankfully he did.

Moral of the story
Be very careful who you choose to deal with and do not contact his company!

Reactions: FSD

·
Registered
100 Posts
FSD...titling a dog in schutzhund is a hard work and it can take about 2 years...Titling 3 dogs in exchange for one puppy - you must be kidding! And you plan to breed your puppy next year when it is just one year old?

Ok, is this a joke thread???

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Training 3 pups

I recommend contacting Lorna or Patrick O'Connor of Incredible Dobermans. They have a training facility or at least should know someone that they would recommend. They are on this list.

I have quite a few trainers wanting to train my pups however my husband didn't like the idea of sending our pups to another state.. sooo..
I am looking for a Professional trainer for my 3 Imported Doberman Pinscher pups ..
First off I would like to get some good basic obedience training for the 3 pups - on/ of leash training and when they are ready advanced obedience training. I would like it if I could get some help with conformation training, stacking etc.. later for the ring. I would like to get them into some shows! Also get them Schutzhund training so they can get working titles as well.
I don't want them to jump up on my little girls or be aggressive at all. Just very confident in what they do. I want them to be very obedient, Well rounded family Dobermans!
I am putting so much into these pups I only want the best for them. I have some amazing pups that are Being imported to me from some of the best kennels in the world! They are all 100% Euro and top of the line!
Looking for only the best trainer, Perhaps you are one or know of one in California? or who would travel to Cali? I want to work out a deal! I will be offering a top pick puppy from one of my first litters from one these world class amazing pups in trade of training these 3 pups.
My first litter will be in 2010!
Trainer must be a professional and dedicated.
Let me know if you or anyone you know is interested.
I'm doing ok on my own as for right now, We got sit , Down , and stay down pretty good.. but I would like a pro to finish the rest.

Questions for the trainer..

Do you have any references?
How long have you been training?
Where did you learn to train Dogs?
Have you ever trained a Doberman Pinscher before?
How long are your courses?
What do your courses consist of as far as training goes for 3 month old pups?
What is your plan on training my Dobermans?
I would like all 3 to have all courses of training to adulthood.
Thanks for your time.
~FSD~

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FSD...titling a dog in schutzhund is a hard work and it can take about 2 years...Titling 3 dogs in exchange for one puppy - you must be kidding! And you plan to breed your puppy next year when it is just one year old?

Ok, is this a joke thread???
Well Kitkat.. No its not a joke, I have several offers for the trade, But a few just didn't have the qualifications I wanted, the other trainers that wanted me to ship the pups out of state. We wanted someone local.. Cali~ I have no idea on what trainers charge for ShutzH training.. or how long it takes.. that was never (my) intention in the first place. Schutzhund was my husbands idea, I just wanted to get some really good obedience training as well as conformation training for them. I have been breeding for almost 8 years now and I Love what I do. But I have never showed before so I am trying to learn all I can. Getting involved with other people who have been in the ring or know about it is what I'm looking for. Anyway thats why I wanted to get info on all of the above.
However, to reply to what you said in your message.. My first litter will be at the end of 2010 after all health tests and screening have been done through VetGen. I always get my Dobermans health screened Before they are bred.
I love American as well as Euro Dobermans Both are Very beautiful dogs!
I just prefer the thicker larger build.. 80)
BTW.. I don't mind paying for the trainer, I just wanted to put that out there.

~FSD~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts