Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I'm a new member to this forum from Vancouver, BC (home of the 2010 Olympics!).

I've been wanting a Doberman for the past ten years, and now that I have my own place, and a good job I can finally support my dream doggie! I drove down to Sweet Home, Oregon this past Saturday to go pick up my new baby boy, Duke! It was an 8 hour drive to and from, and he was so great the entire time. No accidents in the car or anything. He was born on April 30th, 2010 so he is just 8 weeks old now. Taking him to get his 2nd set of shots tomorrow morning at 10am, and will inquire about getting his little ears cropped!

If anybody has any advice for puppies please let me know! I'm dedicating most of my time to him (just took the week off work to train him) and have been reading a bunch of books. Would love some advice from veteran Doberman owners!

Cheers!

SepBaz

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
If you look under the search at the top of the page you will find all kinds of information on house breaking,biting tips, training tips,creating & about anything you need to know about Doberman pups.Welcome from Oklahoma. What no puppy pictures you have to show us your baby.Patches Mom
If you have any puppy questions just ask away.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Welcome from Missouri - Stay calm - remember his is just a baby. Start training him now and enroll him in a class.

·
Alpha
2,797 Posts
Welcome from Calgary...home of the 88 Olympics:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of the warm welcomes everyone!! And thank you kindly for the advice :)

I will be putting up photos as soon as I unload my camera!

:) SepBaz

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fellow Vancouverite!

Hi there!

Just wanted to invite you to the Doberman Pinscher Meet and Greet I am hosting at Buntzen Lake Dog Beach in Port Moody on July 18, 2010 from 10-2. We will have a bbq there for all to use and the dogs will have access to swimming and a very large area to run and play. We have a 2 year old Red Doberman and he absolutley loves it there! Hope to see you there. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested in meeting up.

Shayleen

p.s. welcome to Doberman Talk!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
AWwww.. I didnt know there was a meet up in Vancouver.. I cant on the 18th :( That stinnkksss :( !!!!!!

Welcome from another Vancouverite. What breeding is your dog from? What vet are you using?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts