Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Let me start by saying “Thank you!” to the whole community on this forum.
I’ve been reading threads/posts and they are very informatives.
I currently share my life with a small rescued Jack Russell Terror, she’s 7 y/o.
I had a Beauceron years ago.
But if I’m here it’s because I’m getting my little man in 2 weeks! 😁 Trying to play it cool but I am VERY excited.
I met him 2 days ago and can’t wait to pick him up in 2 weeks. Well… I’ve been waiting for that moment since they were born.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi! Welcome to DT from Colorado!

Nice little man. Better get some extra sleep in now, Chi, because you'll be decidedly short of it in a few weeks. 😉
Thank you!
And yes ! Enjoying the calm and getting as much sleep as I can before the little T-Rex arrives 😂

At least after a while he will be able to keep up with the Jack Russell who is “full on”, and would always be on the go if we had not worked on boundaries and calm.

The crate is already setup, the playpen is arriving next week and I keep going around the house getting on my knees to see the world from a dog’s height trying to “puppy-proof” it as much as I can.

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,689 Posts
Welcome from Canada! He is definitely cute.

Keep reading my boys thread for all of our wild antics we've been through. These boys are different than the girls!

Do you have a name picked out yet? I love hearing the names people pick. I've got a sweet boy named Sugar. A very masculine name 😂🤣

·
Big Lil pup
6,742 Posts
Hi Chi. Welcome from the Pacific NW.

What a cute boy. Enjoy the "little man" stage while you have it. I spent the last week with son's "big" little man. He just turned 6 months. What a change since he came home at 12 weeks. I always forget how quickly our little men grow up.

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome from Canada! He is definitely cute.

Keep reading my boys thread for all of our wild antics we've been through. These boys are different than the girls!

Do you have a name picked out yet? I love hearing the names people pick. I've got a sweet boy named Sugar. A very masculine name 😂🤣
I've been reading Sugar's adventures ! ;)

His official KC Name is "CezarBlue Jahan". It was a J littler for the breeder so I picked Jahan. But he's everyday name is going to be Kaï. My Jack Russell is called Korah, thought the names work well together.

I'm going to make the most of every moments while he turns into a gorgeous T-Rex. But knowing my current dog, she will keep him in check and busy 😂

I will update and post pictures!

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Neo Puppy, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,967 Posts
...I'm going to make the most of every moments while he turns into a gorgeous T-Rex. But knowing my current dog, she will keep him in check and busy 😂

I will update and post pictures!
Welcome to DT, Chi, from San Antonio, Texas!
Congrats on your new boy, Kai!

We just got our Neo puppy on 1 June, and he's now 12 weeks old and making life "busy" for our 7 y/o Chi-Cairn mutt, Lanah.
I can't imagine a JRT with a Dobe puppy, fasten your seat belts!

Expectations:

What You Might Expect: Little DoberPup Angel and His New Sister... 😇

What You'll Get: Puppy Freestyle Olympics! 😬

Luckily, the Dober puppies need frequent naps to recharge (and grow)! (y)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to DT, Chi, from San Antonio, Texas!
Congrats on your new boy, Kai!

We just got our Neo puppy on 1 June, and he's now 12 weeks old and making life "busy" for our 7 y/o Chi-Cairn mutt, Lanah.
I can't imagine a JRT with a Dobe puppy, fasten your seat belts!

Expectations:

What You Might Expect: Little DoberPup Angel and His New Sister... 😇

View attachment 139504

What You'll Get: Puppy Freestyle Olympics! 😬

View attachment 139505

Luckily, the Dober puppies need frequent naps to recharge (and grow)! (y)

🤣

Congrats on your pup too!

The “What you’ll get” represents fairly accurately what my expectations are 😂
The JRT is already a handful, and shows NO signs of slowing down at 7y/o (same age as yours).

Taken earlier on today, there was a squirrel in the tree…

Can’t wait for the freestyle Olympics to start 😂

1 - 11 of 11 Posts