Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone. I found this forum while doing some research on dobermans. I'm interested in a rusty colored companion, and would welcome any references. I only found 2 so far on the forum, but they are for rescues which make me nervous.

Cheers,
ibd

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
You might want to tell us a little bit about yourself & family, your doggie background, and what you are interested in a Doberman for. It is hard to give information when you have no background to go on.

Reactions: KenyaARaineCD

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Welcome from TX! Darevs is right, rescue dogs are wonderful and a good rescue would set you up with the perfect dog for you :]

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Can someone link the rescue Doberman pic threads for OP? I'm on my phone.

Welcome to the forum! Can you clarify one thing for me please....are you nervous about owning a rescue dog in general or just a rescue Doberman? If it is a breed specific fear you need to do a lot of research and spend some time around Dobermans because this is a breed that needs a more experienced type of owner. You can purchase a puppy from a breeder but even then the pup can grow up with behavioral issues if you don't know what you're doing.

Personally, I think an adult rescue whose personality and temperament is known due to living in a foster home, is the best bet for unsure new people to the breed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts