Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Holidays everyone!

My girlfriend found this site for me and recommended that I check it out, and happy I did. I was a little reluctant to go through search engines looking for Doberman, especially since losing mine back in August 2011. It's amazing how one becomes attached and love there fellow best friend and family member. To say I was devastated would be an absolute understatement... still miss my Bishop very much!

Bishop was a gorgeous pure bred Doberman Pinscher and at his prime he weighed a solid 120 lbs. As a puppy, everyone thought he was a Rott. (lol) He grew into a gorgeous dog that forever will be in my heart. WIll post pictures soon.

At the moment, I'm ready and looking for another Doberman. Tried contacting my previous breeder, but to no avail... Alot can happen in 12 years. If anyone can provide me a reputable breeder in Southern California (or because I travel frequently for work to AZ, Vegas(NV), Houston (TX) would consider). However, Primarily in SO California.

Thanks again and wish everyone a prosperous New Year!

Robert Jr
TRUTH (Board Name)

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Welcome and good luck on your search. I grew up in Long Beach (when Signal Hill was a hill with a bunch of oil wells). I was a small child (I lie too!)

·
kopfgeschlagen
2,671 Posts
Welcome from a little further south. Check out the Breeders section of the forum for more information and I also hope you will consider rescue.

Sorry for your recent loss - we certainly understand about the bond you form with your Dobe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@ PatchworkRobot - Thank you. Will look into rescue.
@ Madmony - Thank you! Yes, Signal Hill is now filled with homes for the most part :)
@ dobienut - THank you for the greetings!
@ SoCalGirl - Thank you! Great looking dog in your avatar!

·
Super Moderator
22,015 Posts
Welcome! I'd suggest reading through this thread before you start your search: http://www.dobermantalk.com/breedin...rst-helpful-breeder-breeding-information.html

You may want to post your location in the Breeding and Breeders section, as you'll probably have more people viewing. I know there are some great breeders out in CA. What are you looking for in a Doberman? Primarily a family pet, or do you want to do obedience, agility, sports?

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,621 Posts
Welcome! So sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Bishop. Good luck in your search for your next companion. :butfly:

·
Always Grateful
6,952 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina! So sorry you lost your best friend Bishop. Wishing you luck in finding a quality breeder for your next pup.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@ Coco Loco - Thank you! Will be searching.
@ triciakoontz - Thank you for the kind words.
@ Darkevs - Happy to find this sight! Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Welcome from Michigan!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@ dax0402 - Will post pictures in the Rainbow Bridge Forum. Thank you!
@ avianantics - Thank you and hello Michigan!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts