Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my first dobie I have owned but I have been around them all my life. I bought a dog from a backyard breeder who was a idiot and was going to let puppies die because he was a fool. I say that I rescued my girl Brooklyn a beautiful red Dobie. When I got her she was full of worms and knuckled over but I bought her anyway to try and save her.... I also called the SPCA on the breeder so the other dogs would be rescued. So this is my first go with my very own dobie and my love for these dogs is unmeasurable. I am enjoying the little things like posting her ears and teaching her basic commands. I have gotten alot of valuable information from this website and wanted to finally sign up and say thank you to all of the wonderful members of this site.

Thanks,
Chris

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Welcome to DT, I think we'd all love to see pictures of your girl.

I do want to say that you did not rescue this girl. You gave money for her meaning that you purchased her, you bought her, and by doing this you rewarded her breeder for bad breeding practices. Sure, you may have saved her from death but calling it a rescue kind of mars the real rescue work that MANY people do (pulling dogs from shelters, fostering, caring for them until they are healthy enough to be adopted ,training them so that they are adoptable). Also, by purchasing the puppy you are giving the breeder money in which to continue breeding and, therefore, probably producing puppies that will fill up rescues that are already full.

Be happy that you have this puppy... Love her, care for her, support her for the duration of her life... but don't justify what you did by calling it "rescuing," because that's not what it was.

·
Doberman Slave
2,677 Posts
Welcome from another Santa rosa Dobe lover. Those look like Dr. Hoskin posts. Are they?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes they are Dr. Hoskins work... I did alot of research before taking my girl to him. Thats a pretty good eye. I started using the style of post they showed me but moved to the tampon posted because they were easier to repeat but they just dont last as long. IncredibleDobe are you associated with Incredible K9's? I had some friends bring there dog there to be trained and loved the results.

·
Doberman Slave
2,677 Posts
Yes they are Dr. Hoskins work... I did alot of research before taking my girl to him. Thats a pretty good eye. I started using the style of post they showed me but moved to the tampon posted because they were easier to repeat but they just dont last as long. IncredibleDobe are you associated with Incredible K9's? I had some friends bring there dog there to be trained and loved the results.
Yes, that is my husbands business. We've been going to dr Hoskins for years! We also have a dobe club that meets here, you and Brooklyn should come out! :)

Forgot to add, if you need help with posting, let us know. There is another method much easier on them than the tampons.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, that is my husbands business. We've been going to dr Hoskins for years! We also have a dobe club that meets here, you and Brooklyn should come out! :)

Forgot to add, if you need help with posting, let us know. There is another method much easier on them than the tampons.
That sounds great I would love to bring her just let me know and I will try to make it and I would love to see any other ways of posting. She just go her last shot so she should be good to get out in a week or so and I need to get her to the dog park and get some social time in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts