Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is Andrew and I was born and raised in Miami, FL. I recently purchased my Dobby Puppy Bailey, she will be 12 weeks old this Sunday..

As a first time puppy/dobby owner I'm glad I met someone at the dog park who referred me here for guidance.

Any tips on the new pup? I am still debating on having her ears done as well.

Thank you :)

·
Super Moderator
15,373 Posts
Welcome to DT. At 12 weeks you need to make a decision about the ears really really soon. The vet to go to in Florida is Dr. McBride who is an expert ear crop artist and doberman breeder. It's a several hour drive to the orlando area I'm sure but worth it to go to the expert. There are just way too many vets who do poor quality ears you don't want to chance it going elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
13,180 Posts
I agree with the above comments. Time is of the essence regarding cropping your puppy.

If you were in Kansas City I would send you to the vet that did Axel's ears. But, I am so out of the loop in KC that I don't even know if he is in business anymore.

Good luck with your precious baby! And, I am jealous!

What color is she, and don't tell me red.

:2surprise:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello,

My name is Andrew and I was born and raised in Miami, FL. I recently purchased my Dobby Puppy Bailey, she will be 12 weeks old this Sunday..

As a first time puppy/dobby owner I'm glad I met someone at the dog park who referred me here for guidance.

Any tips on the new pup? I am still debating on having her ears done as well.

Thank you
Hi Andrew! Glad you decided to join us. I'm Sam, Karmas owner. Members will be of great help here with any questions you have. Hope to have a play date with Karma and Bailey at the park again sometime soon

Here's Bailey's picture btw. She's BEAUTIFUL!

·
Registered
18 Posts
+1 on the recommendation of Dr. McBride.

I've been going to her for all of Kaiser's postings and tip-taping.

Was just there yesterday, actually.

They're awesome! I love about 2 hours away from her office but the drive is well worth it.

She's very well known for dealing with Doberman ears.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts