Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, just joined the forums, i am from Dubuque Iowa, and just have a few questions about ear cropping and reputable vets around Iowa that can be reccommended to me to get ears done at. thank you very much

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Welcome, I don't know anything about Iowa.........but I am willing to bet someone on here does. Lot's of knowledgable, friendly people here!

·
Premium Member
8,861 Posts
KingSpade said:
hi, just joined the forums, i am from Dubuque Iowa, and just have a few questions about ear cropping and reputable vets around Iowa that can be reccommended to me to get ears done at. thank you very much
Sizzle Dobe is from Iowa - she might be able to give you some pointers, however, her dogs came cropped from the breeders.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Welcome to DT from me and my girls,no help here either we are based in England,no cropping allowed here and no tail docking very shortly.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
You can always check out the DPCA listing on their website for members in your area (Doberman Pinscher Club of America). I am sure someone would be happy to recommend a vet that specializes in show cropping. Java came cropped from the breeder but her ears were done by a vet that does show cropping in Florida (breeder spends winters in Fla, summers in PA).

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
KingSpade said:
anyone from the iowa area that can point me in the right direction??
This is the contact information for someone in the DPCA chapter club in Iowa:

DPC OF GREATER DES MOINES
Stacy Sims, Secty. E-mail: [email protected]

She should be able to let you know if there's anyone in the area who's competent at cropping. Maybe there's someone good near you, maybe there isn't... unfortunately there are more vets who crop than there are vets who crop well.

It's not uncommon for breeders to travel some pretty good distances to get their litters to a good cropper, so it's possible breeders make the trek to some of the more well known ear cropping vets in IL. The other option that's pretty common is for breeders to fly qualified people in to crop their litters.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Welcome to DT! Murreydobe has pointed you in an excellent direction - the DPCA is a great place to start. :)

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Welcome and good luck.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Welcome to the forum. good luck with finding a vet that does a good crop. Sorry I can't be of any help, I'm outside of DC.

how old is your pup? BTW, in case you haven't noticed on other postings hers we LOVE pics - especially baby pics. Can't wait to see yours.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts