Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I have been working with German Shepherd Rescue for about 3yrs now but now have decided to adopt a 4yr old doberman male he is just gorgeous. He will have to have heartworm treatment yest so I will wait a week or two for him. I raised dobies for many years about 30yrs ago and hope this works out. I am only worried about my kitties which may be an issue with my Boy. Any ideas? Thanks Guys I am going to name him Louie.
thaks Guys
Francie

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Hello from Houston! Does he live with cats in his foster home? I assume he has been cat tested since he has been approved to go to a home with cats. I volunteer with a Doberman rescue and we have many cat friendly dobes :)

You do have to be careful with cats and Dobermans because the poor Doberman is a sensitive soul and gets his feelings hurt when the cat won't play ;p

S_BtjfillNA

My Dobe ^ lives in a house with 3 cats and does fine, there are other members here with dobes and cats as well. In rescue though you should know exactly what you are getting so hopefully Louie loves cats!

Ps I have also volunteered with GSD rescue for many years(my other favorite breed), and they gave me a hard time when I got a Dobe, lol, but all in good fun :) I bring my Dobe to the GSD rescue meet and greets too, he is German! :)

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
Welcome from Katy, Tx!

Thanks for choosing a rescue! I volunteer with HADR.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He is in a rescue type Kennel enviorment with other dogs not in a foster home he has been around the house cat that has been there only acted up while I was there visiting him yesterday the Lady caring for him was surprised because he had never done it before. I am hoping I do not have issues with my cats.

·
Premium Member
8,439 Posts
hi and welcome, Mr. Boots(cat) came to live with Roxy when Roxy was 6 yrs old. Never had a problem. I have to agree that Roxy sometimes get her feelings hurt too when Mr. Boots does not want to play.

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
Hi in Houston also
and used to have a GS

1 - 15 of 15 Posts