Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. My name is Andrés and I live in Colombia. I love dobermans but I don't have one... Yet. My family had one when I was a kid and since then it's my favorite dog.

I'm considering to have a dog in the future, maybe next year. So, that's the reason I'm here, I want to learn more and be well prepared by that time.

Have a nice day!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,363 Posts
Welcome!

Reactions: Andres

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
Mocha
5,497 Posts
Welcome!

·
Big Lil pup
8,457 Posts
Hi Andrés. Welcome from the Pacific NW.

Kudos to you for taking the initiative to learn you can about the Doberman breed, and what can be done to make the ownership of a Dobe as smooth and enjoyable as possible. If you pick though this for and take advantage of the Search Community you can learn awful lot about the breed. Dobermans have their strengths and idiosyncrasies that sets them apart from other common breeds. Learning in advance of what to expect and having a place to come and get advice and support will put you way ahead of the game when it comes to having the best canine companion for years to come.

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Andrés. Welcome from the Pacific NW.

Kudos to you for taking the initiative to learn you can about the Doberman breed, and what can be done to make the ownership of a Dobe as smooth and enjoyable as possible. If you pick though this for and take advantage of the Search Community you can learn awful lot about the breed. Dobermans have their strengths and idiosyncrasies that sets them apart from other common breeds. Learning in advance of what to expect and having a place to come and get advice and support will put you way ahead of the game when it comes to having the best canine companion for years to come.

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR
Thanks a lot for your comments John.

I take this matter seriously, and that's the reason to be here. I am sure I can learn a lot from this community.

I am interested to learn about many topics before I get my doberman. I have basic knowledge about them, but I want to check your opinions about how to find a good breeder, how to choose the puppy, comments about tale and ears, training information, health checking points, and much more.

I love Dobermans not only for my childhood memories, but also because their perfect balance of beauty, intelligence and loyalty.
I also know they have high demand of exercise and that is something to keep in mind.

Anyway, thanks to you and all the memembers for the warm welcome!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts