Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Forager
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone. My wife Annie and I own Dimity, a 6-month old red female dobie; we've had her since she was a 9-week old puppy. We love her. In addition to all the vaccinations, she's been through a lot in her short life--coccidia, worms, urinary tract infection, ear infection, partial toe amputation (left rear paw)--and hopefully that will be it for a while.
We didn't know what we were doing when we purchased her, didn't know what questions to ask, what to check for, or how to assess a kennel for professionalism. The worms, coccidia, and urinary tract infection were detected by the vet two days after we brought her home--all of which were treated immediately. The partial toe amputation was peformed about one month ago by an orthopedic vet, after her toe failed to respond to medication and therapy over a period of three months. The vet believes that the toe was traumatized somehow.
As always, she is in great spirits, especially now that she doesn't have to wear the dreaded elizabethan collar and her paw has healed.
We decided to retain the natural ears, as we knew early on that toe surgery was possible, and we didn't want to put her through too much. So, she's a beautiful, floppy-eared red dobe, affectionately known as Dimity Wackadoodle; we call her Dimity when she behaves like the elegant Doberman that she is and call her Dimity Wackadoodle when she acts goofy (about 50% of the time).
This is a wonderful site. Annie and I have clicked on all the links.
We'll add pictures soon.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Welcome forager and Dimity Wackadoodle What an approriate name for are wacky Dobe kids mine is like that half the time too.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I'm new to the board myself. So welcome from another newbie ;)

So sorry to hear Dimity went through all that! I couldn't imagine. Glad she's doing better tho. I'd love to see some pictures of her :)

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Welcome, and hope all is well from here on in. May I ask you who the breeder was or what town, province, or state. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask that on this forum, I am a relatively neubie to. I just look at it being helpful to someone else not to have to endure the trials that you have had because of a breeders lack of ......... I am not taking away the love you have for your new pup. It is breeders like this one that makes all these promises and all is good till the cheque clears and then they never call back or follow up on there obvious neglectful health issues of the animals they are selling ill. Thank you

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Hello and welcome to this board! I am sorry to hear about Dimity's early trials that she has gone through. But she sounds like a typical dog, always bounces back to a loveable creature in time. :D

I have a 2 year old black female who is cropped and flopped! You can see her in my sig below. :)

Again welcome aboard.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Hello forager, and welcome to Doberman Talk!! I'm sure you will love it here! Poor Dimity for enduring so much, but thankfully she had a great owner willing to take care of her :) Please post many pictures and tell us all the great things about your girl!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Welcome to the greatest forum! I hope that you will find information, support and a bunch of doberman nuts here. How sad that your baby had to go through so much so early in life, but it sounds like she is in a loving and happy home. Can't wait to see the photos! We are the proud owners of 4 dobermans.
PS. Thank you for introductioning yourself.. I see that a lot of our new members are not doing that. We all enjoy hearing about you and your dobermans.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
A warm welcome to the forum from myself and my dobe pack(all girls one black and two browns (reds)here in Birmingham.
sorry to hear about Dimity's problems but i'm sure she will be ok with such a responsible owner, and you will have all the love you give her returned a thousand times over.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hi Forager, Annie and Dimity! Poor pup has been through a lot already, hasnt she? Glad to hear that she is strong enough to get over it and be a happy, goofy pup now! I have a 3 yr old female, Darmok, and a 2 yr old female, Sasha, both blk/rst and they still have their goofy days...especially Sasha! My sister in law has a black male, red male, red female and fawn female, and her son has a red male. When we all get together for family outings etc, it's DobieWorld!! So much fun!! Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Gidday to Forager, Annie and Dimity! What a start to poor little Dimity's life. Hope things settle down a little for you guys!!!! But having a Dobe, life is usually pretty active even in the settled times......:) Hope you enjoy the forum, plenty of great info to be had by all!!:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.