Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Sweetie <3 Lets see what we can do with you!

As the title states, I got a new lens and finally got a chance to play around with it yesterday. I definitely need tons of practice but it's nice to finally get good pictures without having to no more than 10 feet from the dogs!

Where's the doberman?

And finally, my favorite photo.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I just LOVE his expression in that second photo! Beautiful shots. I uh, think you need a lot more practice with that lens. ;) ;) ;) You need to be sure to share all of your practice shots with us so we can give you some feedback. Yeah, that's it. ;)

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys :]
Dreizehn and Ruthie are so fun to take pictures of. Plus, I'm starting to feel really good about my photos and it's so nice to hear positive opinions on them!

·
Registered
15 Posts
wow, these are awesome pictures. Vivid real detail, love Nikon camera and lenses. Your dogs really showed beautiful in them. Did you take any sort of camera "lessons" how to use such professional equipment? I've been kinda discouraged by my p100 because it can't do all the things I want without me having to take a ton of classes, and I was wondering if I got a camera a step up or two, if it would be easier to use in comparison or if I'm stuck actually having to take a class or a few?

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow, these are awesome pictures. Vivid real detail, love Nikon camera and lenses. Your dogs really showed beautiful in them. Did you take any sort of camera "lessons" how to use such professional equipment? I've been kinda discouraged by my p100 because it can't do all the things I want without me having to take a ton of classes, and I was wondering if I got a camera a step up or two, if it would be easier to use in comparison or if I'm stuck actually having to take a class or a few?
Thank you and no, I haven't taken any classes. I have a Nikon D3000 for Dummies book so I've been using that, the manual, and pinterest links to learn. I really want to take a class - I'm sure there are some less technical things that I'm missing - I just need to get off my rear and actually look into it.

Great pics Patch! I love this lens. Are you shooting in manual?
Not full manual, yet. I never really played with the manual settings and I've had my camera for over a year now. My summer goal is to learn how to better use it and go full manual. These pictures were taken in both Shutter and Aperture Priority mode.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Nice shots. The last one is my favorite too. You can almost feel her fur and hear her panting.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Very nice, the last one is my favorite too. Enjoy your new lens!

Reactions: PatchworkRobot
1 - 18 of 18 Posts