Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
I think this is awesome! I'm a firm believer in restraining the 4 legged family members. I use harnesses attached to the seatbelt.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Is this a sudden change in the law or has it come on gradual, as in they have discussed it, voted on it, legislated it in to your statute books.

Interesting to hear what the penalty would be for non-compliance, do you know?

Do not get me wrong I am in favour of having our furry friends kept safe. I was just interested in how such things get passed.

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
Excellent!

Link to Patch.com article

any motorist found driving with an unrestrained pet will face a penalty much stiffer than the $46 fine issued to unbuckled drivers and passengers.

Penalties for unrestrained dogs range from $250 to $1,000 and as much as six months in jail.

Rizzo told reporters that the rationale for the enactment of this new law is that in a car accident dogs become projectiles if they are hanging their heads out of the window.

·
Got mutt?
13,851 Posts
Now, if we could just make it illegal for dogs to ride unrestrained in the back of a pickup truck in Texas. Of course, that probably won't happen, Texas being Texas, but I've had my heart in my mouth more than once, watching a dog run from side to side, and hang over the edge, sometimes while going down the highway at 70 MPH.

Reactions: Cathy43

·
Registered
101 Posts
Great Law. I was taking Tank for a ride 2 weeks ago when a lady cut me off and Tank went flying onto the floor. THAT DAY i bought a seatbelt harness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts