Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody.
I'm going to have a 8weeks male Doberman (named HUGO) next week. I've never had Dobie pup, although I have wanted it badly. I got him from a place of my friend's friend place ( it's a long twisted story ). It was amazing to see 8 pups running toward me and following wherever I moved. I'm now sort of nervous for responsibilities that I have as Hugo's mommy and excited about my life change with him at the same time. He is such a sweetheart and recognizes my voice faster than others, I guess, because he comes to me quicker than others when I say "come". In addtion, he seems stronger than others ! He fought with all pups there ( is it normal ? it was not very serious but seemingly pretty tough ). I have one week before I take him to home. I'm living with my friend who is an animal-lover but has nothing about training related knowledge. I'll very appreciate, if you throw me some advice and recommendations from bottom to top ! Im ready to absorb all :roflmao:

Thank you.
Glad to meet you all.

Attachments

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!

"got him from a place of my friend's friend place ( it's a long twisted story )."

"He fought with all pups there ( is it normal ? it was not very serious but seemingly pretty tough )"

sorry, me thinks you had better do a little more research on this breed before you get one from anywhere.

Males can be a handfull to raise for the inexperienced doberman owner, and one who is an obviously dominant, tuff pup will be even more of a challenge.

So many male Doberman end up being rehomed or dropped off at a shelter because the first time Doberman owner had no idea what they were getting into.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
First, welcome to DT.

I also agree that you may want to do some more research before you bring a pup into your life. This breed is smart which can make them quite a handful.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
I agree with Darkevs-what you're describing is a fairly dominant puppy, not for the inexperienced or weak of heart. I'd definitely give some thought as to whether you have the skills to deal with a puppy who will more than likely be extremely pushy and will take control if you don't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts