Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to say Hello!!....Going Saturday to look at some rescue Dobies. Really excited about a new addition to my family. Will be my first dobie, although my wife was raised with them, and has tons of experience with them...Looking forward to being here!

·
Registered
288 Posts
welcome Burghguy lived in the Burgh for about a year a long time ago. interesting place althougha little intimidating for a small town girl.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Welcome to Doberman Talk! Can wait to hear about your future dobie! And kudos to you for taking in a rescue!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Welcome and also good luck on adding a Doberman to your family. We look forward to photos and update. I know you will enjoy yourself here, all are so supportive, friendly and informative...

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
welcome to the group! I am Carrie and am owned by a wonderful 5 year old rescue named Apollo. we've had him about two months and can't imagine life without him. I am sure you will find a wonderful addition to your family with a rescue
cc

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Welcome to the forum from myself brumwolf and---->>>>

Here in the U.K.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks!!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to tomorrow, which seems like forever.
I seen many pups in the paper, but after seeing all the dobies that need rescued, really made me decide to go that direction.
There are two I am going to see.

1 year old male, and a 6 year old female. Both very sweet looking. I never rescued an adult dobie, but was told they do quite well with adapting to a new family.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I am owned by a 1 year old fawn dobie girl named Princess.

Dobies are wonderful and do adapt well with an experienced and loving family. Since your wife has had experience with them you should be ok. Good luck, my next dobie will also be a rescue.

Naveen

·
Registered
953 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D It's awesome here. So nice of you to rescue a Dobe :) Can't wait to hear all about him/her :) (and see pictures)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I am glad to hear you are looking at an older dobe as well as a young one. at the Dober rescue in our area, they have such a hard time finding homes for any dobes older than two. choosing an older dog is such a blessing for the animal and is so rewarding for you. I really feel that apollo is really grateful to be in our home and is VERY willing to please. I am probably reading alot into it, but don't be turned off by an older dog. Regardless I can't wait to see your new doberkid. FYI, we are all pretty pushy when it comes to pictures of our babies.

cc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts