Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just found your site...Wanted to say Hello!

I currently have a 5 month old rotty, and wanting to add a female Doby to my family. I figured I would do some research and see whats out there before I buy one...my wife was raised around dobies, and she thinks it would be great for my rotty to have a friend. And says their great with children.

Now to find a good breeder by me....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome!! I am sure you will find all the help you need here. There are some very knowledgeable people here! i wish i knew of some breeders in PA but i am sure someone else does.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Welcome, Tbone! I love rotts, as well as dobies, but I've only 'sort of' owned one once. A very old female rott came walking up to our house once a few years ago, and was in pretty bad shape, healthwise. She had an old worn-out collar on, but we couldnt find out who she belonged to. She stayed around our house, and we nursed her back to better health, but she was very old and wobbly. She was a very sweet old girl, and after about two months of being 'our dog' she just disappeared as quickly as she came. Never did figure out what became of her. I always wondered if she were an 'angel' just seeing if we'd take care of a stray. Who knows? Anyway, great to have you here, and I hope you find the dobe you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will find lots of information on owning a Doberman here!LOL We are all nutty about Dobermans. I am the proud owner of 4 myself!!!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
welcome to our little dober world. there is a breeder in Muncie PA called triadel. I don't knwo that much about them except what is on their website. I tried reaching out to them for a pup and didn't get much response. based on their website they are really looking for show homes, and that would not be us.

Any way - you will find out more about Dobes here from these folks that you could read in the dober books in a month. can't wait to see pics when you do get a doberbaby.

cc

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks!!

thanks so much for the warm welcome!..I appreciate it!

I love my rotty, and for 5 months old he has been great to train. my wife has always been around dobies, and wants one so badly. We do want one while diesel is still young. I seen that Kimbertal. Has anyone dealt with them?

Thanks again!!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Welcome to doberman talk from--------------------------

Enjoy

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi TBone, and welcome to the forum. Lots of informative people here to help with anything dobe related. (or anything else for that matter)... :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey....another rottie!!...Excellent!!..I am looking forward to adding a dobie.I seen a few local in the newspaper. I am gonna makes the calls tomorrow.my paper came late...:frown1:

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
TBone said:
Hey....another rottie!!...Excellent!!..I am looking forward to adding a dobie.I seen a few local in the newspaper. I am gonna makes the calls tomorrow.my paper came late...:frown1:
http://members.execulink.com/~korevaar/buyingguide.htm

Give this a once over :) It's beneficial to really be discriminatory when choosing your breeder so you ensure you have a dog that will be with you as long as possible in the best possible health. Good luck. The better breeders will probably not be advertising in a paper.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
stay away from kimbertal, and i would also personally stay away from the newspaper!

also, with a young rottie in the house, i would suggest waiting until your pup is older before you get a second puppy - it will be better for BOTH of them.

welcome to the board!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the advise, and Link!...I found that link earlier, i forget where, and did read through it.
We both work from home, so adding another should not be a problem.
I already have my rotty trained in english/german/ and hand signals. i am sure he can still keep learning new things, but he is awesome, I think we are ready. but may take a while to find a dobie anyhow. I want to be somewhat picky, and make sure we get a good girl!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Where in Pa. are you. Blackdobe's Handler is from there. He may know some people who are looking for pet homes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am 30 minutes south of pittsburgh

·
Registered
273 Posts
I sent you a PM with my handler's contact info, and information on a litter I know of in the Pittsburgh area.

I second what you've been told - stay away from Kimbertal, and stay away from the paper. Decent breeders rarely advertise in the paper.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts