Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

My name is Eric, Im 22 and currently finishing up school in North Carolina. I am going to be living by myself in a few months and want to get a doberman more than anything so I figured Id make my presence known so I can have the best doberman experience that I can

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Well Eric you have come to the right place, all folk on here are great and will always do their best to put you on the right track.
I cannot help to much in advising breeders for you because i live in England,
but i am sure there will be someone to help here,good luck in finding a dobe but be sure to know what you are letting yourself in for,properly trained you will have the finest dog on this planet,untrained you could end up with biggest problem.

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Welcome to the forum.....Brumwolf is dead on right......Learn as much as you can, because when you get one, you'll need to learn more. The one thing that always sticks in my mind before I got my little girl is, "You do not need to know everything about a doberman before you get one, but you must be willing to Learn." And this is definately the place to do so.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, yea i have read a decent amount already and think ill be alright, i understand what needs to be done with the breed in order to have one of the best dogs around, im just debating on ways i want to train her now and what levels are freedom im going to allow from the beginning, must start the training process young and they will follow right along with all the way til you as the owner stop which should never happen :)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Hello Eric and welcome to Doberman Talk :) Glad to see a responsible (future) pet owner researching their breed. Feel free to post and ask anything you need, please also check out our Town Hall section, lots of great experiences in there.

BTW, I'm Jessie and am owned by a 2yr old Bl/rust female named Lexus.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ill be moving to australia in a few years, im going to name my bitch Kiya and then we are going to take an international roadtrip

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Hi Eric,
I'm looking for another Dobie myself. This site has been a big help. The members and the links here are making my job easier. As you've probably noticed, there are folks here on this forum from all over the world.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Welcome to the forum.. Like the rest have said already you have come to the right place.. the is the best Dobermann forum in the world. the members here are informative, supportive, and nutty about our Dobermanns. I am owned by 4 myself!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
glovenuts said:
ill be moving to australia in a few years, im going to name my bitch Kiya and then we are going to take an international roadtrip
Well, not sure you want to get a new dog and then move to Australia! You'll have to quarantine your dog for several months unless that rule has changed lately!

:emo11:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Hi eric, you picked a great place to get info and insights on dobes. I am owned by a 5 year old Male named apollo. Apollo is a rescue and is wonderful, that may also be a route you might want to consider. there are some really wonderful dobes just waiting for a forever home out there.

cc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts