Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have visited this forum many times over the years but I have not had a Doberman for over 15 yrs. I got my first Doberman in 1973, a red bitch by the old guy, Marienburg's Red Baron. I showed in the breed ring, and dabbled w schH & OB in SoCal in the 1970s. Saw Brown's B-Brian at the '75 Nationals and he became my ideal.....Moved to the NW and had several dogs-including 3 German dogs. I have been involved w field trialing bird dogs for over 40 yrs also but the Dobermans were my right arm...after my last red girl was put down (old) I dabbled in a Rotty here and there and a couple of working German GSDs. For many reasons I never got another Doberman-temperament and health issues among them. Well, the Rotty issue was HD and the GSDs were perfect except they weren't Dobermans!!!

I sometimes hold out hope of finding another Doberman but it hasn't happened.

I've come to a point in my life where I have to downsize and I am looking at all my dog stuff and wondering what the heck to do with it all. I have a beloved Doberman collection-books, old magazines (Top Doberman and the one that replaced it from the '70s+) and those wonderful statues(sp?) I so lovingly collected all those years ago. I have NO IDEA what any of these things are worth so I am asking here.

I do have the wonderful book by J M v. d. Zwan but can't find anyplace that would give me a clue as to what it is worth.

I never ever thought I would re-homing my Doberman stuff but then who woulda thought I'd get old....hahaha!

So if any one can recommend someone or a website I could check to place/price my Doberman collection.

Life ain't for sissies :) ........BajaMuleDiva

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
welcome
Dobermans are super cool !!:)

·
Premium Member
8,734 Posts
you might want to consider contacting the DPCA and donating items for the raffle at the national - they certainly would be welcome!!

Reactions: Darkevs

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Welcome to DT!

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!!

It would be cool if you did donate the items to be raffled off for monies to assist Doberman in rescues! Very cool!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts