Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

new here and got many questions

740 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Darkevs 
#1 ·
lol surprised my name was available...anyways, i am looking to get a doberman for a companion to me and my son. I will not accept any dog, the doberman must come from champion bloodline and have great bone structure. I want a female dobi!!!:nicejob: and I want one soon. I'm looking to connect with reputable breeders in southern illinois but willing to travel to western kentucky, southeast missouri, southwest indiana, to get a great dog. Ears cropped is a must and that's why I am here.:nicejob:

#2 ·
I hope that good health (and, therefore, health tested parents) is a must also, and you just forgot to mention it.

There are some great breeders in your area including Bruda and SmackDab (the two that always come to my mind when somebody mentions IL). That being said, the chances of you being able to find a puppy from a reputable, ethical breeder in a short period of time are slim. Many of these breeders tend to breed no more than twice per year and sometimes have quite the waitlist. In my opinion, however, the perfect puppy from a reputable breeder is very much worth the wait.

Welcome to DT and good luck on your search :]

#3 ·
Welcome to DT. Start with the DPCA Breeder's Referral, and don't be surprised if you have to drive a bit and if you have to wait a bit. Many breeders have waiting lists. There are several excellent breeders in IL, but they are central/Northern IL. Bruda, Smack Dab, Ravenswood. There is also Cambria in SE Indiana (about 30 minutes from Cinncinatti. Old Drum is in Missouri. Masaya and Swift Run are in Kentucky.

Good luck with your search and once again welcome!

#4 ·
yes, healthy too, the last doberman I had was from a backyard breeder and his eyesight was poor, his bone structure not very good, (narrow chest) and I won't do that again....I want a dog that looks great and has a very good temperment. So you think bruda or smackdab? What about Mary? I have gone through many threads on here and it seems..bruda smackdab and the third breeder Mary I've seen mentioned quite a bit...Mary Dependahl I just emailed about an hour ago and waiting for a response from her.:)

#7 ·
Welcome!

I'd recommend a phone call to the breeders you are interested in talking with. Sometimes it's easier to get a response by phone than by email, because of the volume of email they get and how busy they are. I think a phone call often indicates that you're more serious about a puppy.

#10 ·
Good luck in your search.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.