Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Welcome Heather,
I have a 4 yr old daughter, a 16 month old son and a 6 yr old Doberman.
Cole has never given me any reason to worry about his interactions with my kids. He is absolutley wonderful with them.
I do teach my kids to respect him and Cole to respect the kids. He had his ear pulled, stepped on. layed on, my daughter even stuck her finger up his butt one time and he didn't even flinch.
He loves kids. He really thinks he's hit the jackpot when the neighbor kids come by to play.
I socialized him alot when he was a pup to a bunch of different kids and made them all good experiences for him so he would remember that.
Rescue would be a good option since they know the temperment of their dogs, they would be able to tell you which ones would fit into your family.
If you decide to go with a breeder be sure to bookmark this site:
http://members.execulink.com/~korevaar/buyingguide.htm
You don't want to end up with a poorly bred Doberman and have nightmares.
Here are some pictures to demonstrate just how wonderful they can be.
The first one is when Cole was quite pudgy and it's my daughter under him when she was about 8 months old.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
MrDesi said:
Love the yellow top on the big man in the second to last picture....he tells it like it is....lol

It's humor for a breastfed baby. He was only 10 months in that picture. He's now 16 months and hasn't weaned yet. Guess I have to buy him a bigger shirt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.