Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Hello Heather and welcome! (I am new too) I am also a new doberman owner. My little guy was 13 weeks yesterday.

Like I said, this is MY first doberman, but I did learn to walk....holding on to one! When I was born my grandmothers doberman Autumn was about a year old. I absolutly LOVED that dog, and still to this day have pictures of me and her hanging in my house. I can tell you this... A well bred, well socialized doberman will be your childrens best friend, and BEST protector. Autumn used to follow me all over the house, it was almost as if she felt responsibility for me.

In my pesonal opinion, dobermans have gotten a bad rap... They are just like any other dog, if left tied to the fence, unsocialized and untrained, they can be unpredictable. But then again.....so can a chihuahua. That being said, there are tons of great websites and books to read up on, to make sure that you are making the right decision. (If you want, I can send you tons of links.) The books can get expensive...I spent alot of time in books a million just reading and drinking coffee. Haha. Also, before you buy...there is a wealth of information on this website about choosing the right breeder and the right puppy for you...

Best of luck in your decision.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.