Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Mine LOVES KIDS! the only way she could ever hurt them is with some headbutts! lol she gets so excited that she swings her head around anyone! lol if they sit on the couch! haha but we just tell her "Settle" The kids I babysit and some other neigborhood kids will come over just to play with her in the yard! The kids love making Duchess do all the tricks she knows! and will run her through some of the agility jumps we have. We socialized her very well with children b.c when she was a puppy I brought her to the kids house when I babysat for 8 hours! Duchess wouldn't even notice if a child was pulling on her ears or causing a little discomfort! The kids like to run and chase her around the yard and play keep away with her toys and she doesnt mind she loves it! At the petstore the kids will sometimes want to pet her...so we will make her sit and we tell Duchess "KISS" and she will give them a little kiss on the face. lol I COMPLETELY trust Duchess with kids! Of course Im always with them when they play with her but I have no problem with leaving the room real quick and coming back to just see them continue to play. She would NEVER bite or even think about it! Just socialize socialize socialize when your dobe is a puppy you will never have to worry or have any doubts when it comes to dobes with Children. They are wonderful with them! Ive read all sorts of stories about how Dobes are like a babysitter! lol
Goodluck and Deacons mom is right! Once you have a Dobe you will ALWAYS want atleast one by your side for the rest of your life!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
your home and outings sound like a Dobermans dream home! lol Im so excited for you! You will provide a great home! What state ....or country LOL are you from...here you never know...japan...india...Europe...
are you looking to get a dobe from a breeder when your ready or from a rescue?
You might want to start researching so that you are familiar with breeders or rescues that are possibilities...
When we got Duchess we were lucky that we know someone that shows dogs and they recommended someone with great dobes right around where we live and she just so happend to JUST have a litter...perfect timing...perfect location...wonderful dogs.

I WISH I COULD HAVE HORSES! lol My boyfriend and I want to take Horseback riding lessons in the spring! lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.