Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He has VERY little rust marks, i just said all black so you know its not a blue,fawn,albino etc.... i dont have him yet but i already put a deposit on him and he's all mine. he's only 4weeks so i'll have to wait until 6-8weeks but i'm just going to wait until 8 so they get his 2nd shots for me.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new puppy. I definitely suggest waiting until 8 weeks not just for shots but because the extra time with their mother and littermates is critical to development.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Welcome from Virginia - for the sake of this little puppy, please do not bring him home before 8 weeks of age - a little older, would be even better :) He really needs to be with him mom and litter mates...they learn so much during this critical time.

·
Take my Dobe, please!
2,566 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

A new puppy! You're in for a fabulous, funny, frustrating time!

A good place to start is the Educational Archive. Lots of great threads on the most popular topics, including links to video tutorials on ear posting.

Which method of posting will your breeder use?

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
Welcome to Doberman Talk!

Waiting 'til 8 weeks sounds like a great decision! Those shots are important, and so is socialization with his litter mates. It'll be a hard wait, but really worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts