Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys! I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Eric and I live in Billings, MT. I've been researching Dobies for about a year now and I'm fascinated with the breed. I'm looking for a dog as a companion and friend for myself, my wife, and my two boys (ages 2 and 5) that is smart, friendly, funny, disciplined, and protective.I enjoy the comments and questions on here, they help so much with what to expect and what to avoid. I really appreciate it. Please feel free to ask me anything or give me any advice. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Welcome from SW Michigan. I love Montana, lived there for a few years in the early 80's. Good luck with your search.

Reactions: ericblumhardt

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!!!

Good luck with your reserach and search for just the right dog!

If you get the chance, please check out a few Rescue dogs as well. Thanks!

·
Small Handful of Woman
1,783 Posts
Hey Guys! I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Eric and I live in Billings, MT. I've been researching Dobies for about a year now and I'm fascinated with the breed. I'm looking for a dog as a companion and friend for myself, my wife, and my two boys (ages 2 and 5) that is smart, friendly, funny, disciplined, and protective.I enjoy the comments and questions on here, they help so much with what to expect and what to avoid. I really appreciate it. Please feel free to ask me anything or give me any advice. Thanks guys.
Hi Eric!

I'm a newbie too, but wanted to share that we just got a Dobe (after loads of research) and we also have two young children, both boys, ages 3&6. Our new girl, Roxy is a one-year-old Doberman and couldn't be a better match for our family! She has especially bonded with our 6-year-old. The key is to match your needs with your new family member...and be thorough!
One thing I would suggest to keep in mind...Dobe's are playful and up-close and personal! Are your kids ok with a 50-pound dog in their face? :p
Good luck! This site is the BEST with all the help and knowledge it provides!

Lisa

1 - 10 of 10 Posts