Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a doberman last weekend.
Black and tan male coming from champion mom and dad.
Anyone else here from Toronto, Canada?
It's always good to have some experience doberman folks around!

Here is a picture of him... His name is Rossco.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congratulations on the new addition and welcome to the forum!

I live in London so a couple hours away. Enjoy the puppy stage!

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
evilive27 said:
Just bought a doberman last weekend.
Black and tan male coming from champion mom and dad.
Anyone else here from Toronto, Canada?
It's always good to have some experience doberman folks around!

Here is a picture of him... His name is Rossco.

Congradulations on your new pup, his name is cute. This site is amazing and there are alot of nice knowledgable people here who are glad to help out. So enjoy the reads. There are funny and sad moments on this site it is nice that the dobie network here support one another through it all with our dogs ups and downs.
May I ask who your little guys parents are and did you get him from the Toronto area, or states side.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi and welcome to Dobermantalk!!

I am from Ottawa, but got my guy from Woodstock, Ont.. What kennel did your guy come from??

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
welcome! what a cute little guy! Although the puppy stage is hard work with training etc...It really pays off! this is a real nice forum and I think it is very reliable and the members we have make it more like a family than random internet people :) I look forward to hearing more about rossco's puppyhood stories :) and pictures of course :)
My girl is 2 years old...enjoy the little puppy! they grow up so fast! lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys...
I got him from a Kennel called Vixenvale Dobermans near Windsor, Ontario.
His dad was or is a Canadian best of breed... his name is Vixenvale's THOR.

My main concern for my guy is the ears. I really hope they stay up straight and well. I wanted to know if anyone knew a good vet or good person to re-tape the ears for me around toronto. I can't find any good vets around here!

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Hello there and welcome to the forum. I am live in Aurora, Ontario and just met your breeder a few weeks ago. I have a 13 week old dobie girl and I am now taping the ears myself. I went to my breeder a few times to get the hang of it. I then went to my vet's office and had the assistant hold ******* for me while I did it. I would have everything ready and she would just have to come in and hold her. But if you are looking for a vet in the Toronto area to actually do it for you I don't know of any. Ask your breeder if she knows of anyone, she would be what about 1-1 1/2 hours away for you? Good luck!!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Hi and welcome to dobetalk from me and the pack here in the U.K.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Oh sorry this is not the breeder I was thinking of, I have not met them and I guess you are more than an hour away. duh.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on you new little bundle of dobe. he sure looks like a cutie pie. there's lots of good info on posting here on the forum. It'sn not too difficult to do if you have another set of hands to hold on to the pup. If you can get the breed to show you a couple time or do find a vet - I'm in DC so of no use whatosever to you in that department - Lex or Luv my bruno may be able to help - they can show you and you can take over. we had to post cody our first dobe for about 7-8 months. but some dogs are done much quicker - so don't worry.

anyway, welcome to DT

cc

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
If you cannot find anyone in the Toronto area and you are willing to drive to Aurora I can help you. Lol, I am no expert though. I have only taped my own puppy and not for that long she is only 13 weeks. But I am pretty confident that I am doing it right. I will help if you need it. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow you guys are really helpful.
My breeder is 2 1/2 hours away from me... it would just be a pain to keep driving over there. I"m not sure how far Aurora is from here. Anyway i think i found a breeder here who may help me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts