Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Warrior Princess
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Tom from Australia. I joined up because (in honesty) I just lost my baby girl at 7.5 last week suddenly. Only people on this forum could understand how I would feel and that Dobermans are really people in disguise. I miss Xena so much it's so painful. She was my everything. I worked from home and she was with me 24/7. She was also my family protector and as dobie owners know, like no other. My whole life and our families revolved around her. She wasn't our pet, but an integral, highly valued, incredibly loving family member. Everyone that met her, she touched (especially non dog lovers). i'm still in deep shock and I'm lost for words...

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss.

Reactions: Haraschs Xena

·
nutsaboutmydobes
2,122 Posts
Hi Tom & welcome. So sorry you found us under such sad circumstances. :(

Those of us who have lost a dobe understand just how hard it is for you to deal with the loss of your beautiful Xena. Maybe when you feel up to it you would like to post a tribute to your precious girl in the rainbow bridge section of the forum.

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKI,TKN, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,475 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. So very sorry that you found DT under these circumstances. You will find a great support group here and a lot of people who do understand the pain of losing one.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I'm very sorry Xena is gone. It's obvious from your comments and from your photo how much she was loved. I don't know if it's the breed, because they are our heart dogs, velcro dogs, whatever, but these Dobermans become such a part of our lives when they leave us, it's like losing a child or spouse or family member. Sometimes it might be worse.

I can tell you when I lost my beloved Dobermans, the only thing that eased the pain was to get another Doberman as soon as I could. Not as a replacement but to help fill that awful void.

Again, sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
850 Posts
So sorry to hear this was the circumstance that brought you here, but I can understand since searching for answers was the thing that caused me to bother with a Doberman forum after not even really thinking about it much until my older girl was in an advanced state of decline.

I hope you stick around into happier days.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts