Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I wanted to say thanks to this forum. You have helped us already with learning about the breed, ear posting, and saved me from supporting BYB and puppy millls. Twice we almost ended up with a poor quality puppy. Glad we did our research and this site helped. Thank you!

Please meet Ramsey, our 10.5 week old girl. She came from Windsong dobermans and was sired by Fayek Doberman's Prime Contender "Chuck". All health testing done and a very impressive pedigree. She is show quality but since we are not interested in breeding she will be our companion. We lucked out getting a show puppy because the litter worked out in our favor. She is very healthy and smart. She learned to sit in 2 days. I did the ear posting by following the direction on this forum, please let me know how it looks. I’m sure she will be a great pet, just want to be sure i get her ears right. Also if someone can enlighten me on what’s happening with the ear process i would be delighted. Do I have to tape the shape of the ears I want, or is it just a matter of getting them to stand and they will form the shape of the crop themselves?

Attachments

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
What a cutie! The ears look good, I can't wait to see more pictures!
Other than the chance of pockets, just posting them correctly should get them to stand correctly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As a first timer myself I am for sure not a pro, that being said, ears look good. We taped Sarge's for about 4 wks, and they stood up pretty well on their own. They looked like one had over corrected and was leaning in, I tape just that one out for a couple days and after the tape came off we were good. I did notice that his ears weren't "alert" and perky for a while, kinda droopy on the ends, but we just made noise, clapping, calling his name etc...to get him to use his muscles to perk. And now at 7 months his ears are great

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Ooh, Ramsey looks like a ton of fun trouble :D

Reactions: Pack_Leader

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I don't know anything about posting, but she is a doll. I'm sorta jealous, then I come back to reality.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thank you for doing your research!

Ramsey will grow fast, take lots of pictures for us. :)

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Welcome! Elaine at Windsong is a great lady and I am sure you will be very happy with Ramsey.

·
Never Will Forget You
3,288 Posts
Welcome! She is adorable.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Ears look good. Her face is adorable. I love her little chin!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the nice replies. You all are correct about her personality, she is a little PITA sometimes, but we try to stay ahead of her. We constantly try to change the routine so she keeps guessing. She has lots of personality for a dog. Most of the time it’s all play, but when she tunes in, like when i tell her sit... she walks around in front of me, squares up to my shoulders, and the pic is what you see looking back at you. Pretty amazing and something I have only seen small Dobermans do. I think the key is keeping that attitude and focus as it grows into adolescence. We'll see how we do. I think she is starting to teeth because she likes to chew on soft things like plants, towels, and loves cardboard boxes. I'll try to get some more pics of her soon. After having her a week she is already getting better with potty training and learning to be happy in the crate. So far she is the best dog in the world, when you have food in your hand. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts