Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Wednesday I picked up my new foster.

He is most definitely not an elderly abandoned black and tan bitch :p She got a home offer shortly after I left to go see her, and my cell is busted so I didn't get the message not to go.

But as fate would have it, in the mixed dog rescue that only had one dobe (and me only wanting to foster a dobe), a 1yr dobe X dalmatian had come in on very short notice the night before, after snapping and lunging at his owner.

Linc is yet another example of how damaging training using punishment and force can be. He's a total jelly baby of a dog, biddable, very smart and just a big lump of goo - well, goo in need of some self control anyway, but that's the worst of him!

I reckon he's at least 3/4 dobe - he's got the markings (just very dark) and the personality traits, and the tail :) Body shape is far more dobe than dally too. All in all he's lovely, aside from being enormous compared to all my others! He's 27", but is all legs and length :p

Recall is coming along very nicely already, and through me wandering around with a clicker dangling off my wrist and a treat bag to hand at all times, he's learning very quickly how to behave sensibly :)

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
He is a handsome dog!

Bless you for helping him along the way to finding his forever home!

Hugz to you and yours!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A little update - Linc is staying :)

Remy is usually a little aloof with boys in the house - not nasty by any means, and he will play, he's just standoffish. With Linc, he's just accepted him from the start and is perfectly happy with him - and the boy himself is just so lovely (if very norty, being a huge puppy with zip in the way of training in his last home), that I cannot let him go.

Besides, he keeps Raine nice and busy :p

Good timing for him arriving too - in a few weeks a great in store photography company is in my town, they're only here once a year if that so perfect timing to whizz him to them and get a professional shot done (it was them that did 4 of the dogs below - Soli, Remy, Opi and River - the other 4 were done by someone else who was frankly awful and very trigger-happy with the editing button!).

I'll be getting the badly edited 4 dogs re photographed too, and Remy - he was terribly fat in his shot and he isn't any more :) They did me a great deal last time when I did 3 on one day so hoping they will this time too.

I will, of course, post the pictures when I get them at the end of the month :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts