Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

new formula acana puppy large breed

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  MeadowCat 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, i when today to buy my dog food and i saw that they switched formula. I would like to know if some body here hear about that and if it a good switch they did. I am feeding my dog acana puppy large breed.

first five ingredien it

1. chiken meal
2. steel-cut aots
3. deboned chiken
4. whole patatos
5. peas
6. whole egg

crude protein minumin : 32%
crude fat : 15%
crude fiber : 4%
moisiture : 10%
calcium 1.6%

Should i mix both formula or i can do a straight switch when i am done with my other formula ? I asked the guys that worked at the place that he sold me that and he said that the company didnt told him about that switch so he said that when the company doest call them that mean that it not a big switch so i dont need to mix food but i just want to make sure that i still buy good food. Thanks for all your anwser.

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm with Zelda.. I don't think theres a real need for puppy food. IMO, its a marketing thing. The large breed thing makes it even less desirable, Doberman's are a medium breed.

I feed an all life stages, grain free food.

#5 ·
I feed my dogs Acana Sport & Agility and also recently switched over to the new formula..Haven't noticed any difference and i doubt i will, because from next month on i will switch them over to Pacifica for the hot summer season.
General mistake people make when choosing dry food for their dogs is to judge it only by it's contents percentage.
It is more important to read the smaller print of CALORIE DISTRIBUTION in the lower part of the INGREDIENTS & ANALYSIS .pdf of the specific product and choose according to individual dogs need.

#6 ·
I think if you are going to feed a puppy formula, then the large breed puppy formulas are the most appropriate choice for Dobermans because the calcium/phosphorus ratios are balanced for slow growth. I'm not sure whether I think puppy formulas are necessary or not.

I raised Shanoa on Orijen's large breed puppy formula and I was really happy with the results. She grew nice and slow and did really well on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.