Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I travel away for business, and I took me 10 month old male Dobe along for the trip. It will be 9 weeks away from my wife and the other older 5 year old Boxer is.
So far, my male Dobe Krieg, seems to love it here. There is tons of room to run and play games around, however he started to bark excessively in his kennel when I have to leave him behind in the room when I couldn't have him with me.
At home he spends plenty of time in the kennel while my wife and I are working and seems to be adjusted to it just fine. Here however if I leave, he starts to cry and bark non stop.
I've been trying to work with him by leaving and coming back into the room commanding a "no bark", when I here it through the door. I also try not to let him out of the kennel until he completely calms down.
There are 2 other dogs here, however one has major separation issues with his master, so much so that he will not even pay attention to Krieg unless his master is out doing stuff with us. The other is a small dog that plays well with Krieg.
I'm trying desperately to break Krieg of this incessant barking while he is in his kennel when I'm away. I do put him in the kennel while I'm in the room to make him feel secure with his place, and he never barks. I think its really separation from me that is the issue.
Does anyone know how I can break him of this behavior?

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I travel away for business, and I took me 10 month old male Dobe along for the trip. It will be 9 weeks away from my wife and the other older 5 year old Boxer is.
So far, my male Dobe Krieg, seems to love it here. There is tons of room to run and play games around, however he started to bark excessively in his kennel when I have to leave him behind in the room when I couldn't have him with me.
At home he spends plenty of time in the kennel while my wife and I are working and seems to be adjusted to it just fine. Here however if I leave, he starts to cry and bark non stop.
I've been trying to work with him by leaving and coming back into the room commanding a "no bark", when I here it through the door. I also try not to let him out of the kennel until he completely calms down.
There are 2 other dogs here, however one has major separation issues with his master, so much so that he will not even pay attention to Krieg unless his master is out doing stuff with us. The other is a small dog that plays well with Krieg.
I'm trying desperately to break Krieg of this incessant barking while he is in his kennel when I'm away. I do put him in the kennel while I'm in the room to make him feel secure with his place, and he never barks. I think its really separation from me that is the issue.
Does anyone know how I can break him of this behavior?
When you figure that one out let me know. Kyrah is fine in her kennel if I am home...but dont dare leave the house with her in there! She becomes a horrible mess; drooling and panting excessivly. She is well behaved so I let her have the love seat. Hmm...maybe she's telling me the love seat is more comfy! LOL

Sorry, I dont know what to tell you. If he was crate trained at home I dont know why it would be so different there. Maybe he is picking up the energy off the other dog. Also I would not go back in and say anything. He is getting you to come back by making a bunch of noise regardless if its good or bad; your there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts