Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our new Dobie arrived today. My brother-in-law picked him up for me as he lives in that town and I did not want my 2 young kids to have to drive 3 hours there and back. Anyway, this poor 13 month old sweetheart has NEVER been out of the kennel. His ears looked chopped, he has never been in a house, never climbed stairs. Took him 8 hours in the backyard to get the confidence to climb 2 steps onto the deck. Once he started, he kept trying and would fall down the 2 steps. When he went to run with my oldest (Justin 12) he looked clumbsy and even tripped over his own feet. He is really sweet, loved the cat when he first met him. The cat who is best friends with mako did not even try to move away or puff up.
The ^&&% who had him promised me papers, guess what? He told my brother-in-law that he did not have them and would mail them. When he told me this and asked if I still wanted him, I said yes of course get him out. I paid $300 for this dog who just may not have papers, he smells so bad, yet I cannot stress him more today to bathe him. We have a lot of work cut-out for us here. He is not even house broken and he is nervous in the house. My mom when I called her nearly cried. I almost did several times today and my husband, well he is just glad we got him out of there. I can only imagine a person with no Dobe experience getting him <cringe>. I am posting pictures of him now in the gallery..
Ohh we are stumped on the name, he will respond to his given name Zuess, but hubby suggested Volcan, what do you all think?

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
That is very sad, I am so glad that you have him now though. That is wonderful of you to take on the responsibility of his care and training. It will be alot of work, but I am sure it will be all worth while. He looks like he is a little nervous in the pics, but he is a handsome doberdude. Good Luck to you guys :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
It not the fact that it was a dobe he had stuck in the cage.. it was a dog al together.. and ppl that treat animals like that no matter the breed shouldnt own one. He is lucky that you got him. hope he gets better.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The poor boy is nervous in the house. He cannot walk on tile. I have 3 herniated discs in my neck (see surgeon tomorrow,remember I am a clutz) and I had to carry him up the front stairs. My husband works nights and I did not have the heart to wake him. His day will be long tomorrow(husband). He stooled all over the carpet (watery) he is also gassy, probably from stress. I am soooooooooooooooooo glad we got him out of here. I feel bad for him about his ears, but he is beautiful to me and he is home,finally home. What do you think Zuess or Volcan?? Anyone?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
LOL BiB, I could go on and on with names I loved by hubby hated them, sigh.

I like Jett, I think it is a cool name. I also like Rain, Stone, River, LOL that might make a good song, Rainy stone river! Ha, anyway, see, I could go on and on. I like Cash and Cain and love names of places. I wanted to name Nash Choctaw though I have Cherokee in me. Hubby HATED Choctaw, so I gave up on that one. Then he wanted to name him Damacus and I tried but it just wouldn't work so I finally came up with Nash which I am satisfied with. After having one with three sylabels Nash works. :)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I poor guy! Im also so glad you saved him. He is going to have a happy happy happy life with you and your family now :)
There was a Doberman at the illinois dobe rescue awhile back...that was in its crate all the time they named him SOCRATES...its a pun...cause of the philosopher in greece...which you probablly all have heard of ...and the name has crate in it.
There was actually a big dopey great dane in duchess's puppy class named Thor!!! lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank-you all so much from the bottom of my heart. You all are godsends. I found this place by chance and even though we planned on another dobe, it was gonna be several months down the line.I am fortunate for the history of a previously owned greyhound that was kenneled her whole life. She went through similiar things. She cost us about three thousand in home repairs. We stuck it out and were highly rewarded, she unfortunately got cancer,osteocarcoma on her right front leg and had it amputated and did great for years until it came back in her spine. However she had taught us well and she was a bit of a star in Columbia SC. Now we have the experience to help this baby.
OMG I love Damacus hehe. My husband picked Thor awhile ago, but my parents just got a boxer 1 month ago and out of all the names, he decided Thor. He did not know we had chose that name. I am gonna run Damacus by my husband. ohhhh please no more name suggestions lol. I may have a list soon. Thanks again everyone, hugs for all. BTW new dobe just put 3 puncture holes in our italian leather sectional oopsies, mako did one 2 days after purchase anyway.
Mako is being snobbish and growls at new dobe a lot especially when she is near me. She is very obedient and immediately stops when I say ehhh. Earlier though she kept growling and each time I would look at her, she would stop. I look away she started again. I guess she thought if I didnt see her do it then I would not know.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
We are happy you found your way here too :) Hey, Everything happens for a reason, sounds like this guy needed your family, and you needed this forum to share LOTS of pictures with us :) haha We will all be here if you need us :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
SeaNemesis he looks great. I am sure everything will turn out wonderful for you guys. In no time you will be looking at your confident dobie and looking back at all of this.

Good Luck
Naveen

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He is already warming up and he has been coming to all of us, one to the other. I just put him to bed in his crate for the evening and he is quiet. Thanks all again. BTW my name is Alisa (uh-lee-suh) :)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I like Damacus too Alisha, we called our pup that for about a week but it was just too much with Da'Kari, it was a tongue twister when trying to call them by name LOL, that is why I love Nash, simple!

I'm Diane btw. :)

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Im gonna have to write them all down. Its so funny because I am sooooooo bad with names.............but I will be talking to my fiance and I will say "Oh but Nash, or Tia, or Dutchess, or Chi did this, or that" and he is like is that someones dog on DobermanTalk? LOL I remember everyones dogs name!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts