·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome from Sunny South Florida.

I'm sure he?she will be keeping you on your toes :)

Post pic's PLease

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone!

I am still learning how to do this whole forum posting, lol. I will definately post pictures of my pupy love for everyone to see.So, what can I tell you about my Pauly- he is the best dog I have ever owned( who am I kidding the best dog that ever owned me)! I have had many dogs (all boxers), so I am still adjusting to the breed differences, but I can not believe I waited so long to get him! I would love to know everyone's opinions about having more than one like, for those of you who have multiple dobes are they two girls, 2 boys or boy/girl.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I am still learning how to do this whole forum posting, lol. I will definately post pictures of my pupy love for everyone to see.So, what can I tell you about my Pauly- he is the best dog I have ever owned( who am I kidding the best dog that ever owned me)! I have had many dogs (all boxers), so I am still adjusting to the breed differences, but I can not believe I waited so long to get him! I would love to know everyone's opinions about having more than one like, for those of you who have multiple dobes are they two girls, 2 boys or boy/girl.
Generally, the best way to have two dogs is one of each sex. That way you avoid any problems with same sex aggression that dobes are infamous for. However, if you're considering a second dog I would strongly suggest you wait until that pup is fully mature ~2 years or so. If you got a pup now, your current dog and that pup would be very likely to bond more strongly with each other then with you.

So unless you are committed to separate play time and training time with each of them every day, having a second pup just double the trouble! Your little one needs to super strongly bond with you first!

Aside from those concerns I think having two dogs is wonderful. My dogs keep themselves occupied much of the time and play quite nicely under supervision :)

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Welcome from Kansas City. You sound like a true Doberownerlover. Stick around and meet lots of new friends. Hurry up on the photos!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pictures Posted

Ok, so I posted some pictures! It was very hard with a 65 pound puppy on my lap. I loved looking at everyone's pictures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts