Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we finally got our second dobe. a sweet little one year old rescue named Molly. she is a little short and porky (a few days on slimfast and the treadmill ought to do it - we can both loose 10 lbs togeter:) ) and has an ear that reminds me of Wez.

I realize that I am breaking the doberman talk forum cardinal rule of a major announcement and no pictures, but the home computer is still down (hopefuly today they will fix it if not ti will have to be replaced) I have a bunch of picutres so as soon as it is going I will post. I just couldn't wait to share the news!:dancing_b :3dbiggrin :part8: :part4: :emo1: :largegr:

Apollo has been having some seperation anxiety and we finally had to put him on some meds and even our vet recommended a baby sister. Apollo is still working on learning how to play and if any one will be able to teach him it will be Molly, she is a big ole, flirty goofball. for the most part she is respectful of him - his food is fairgame tho - and he has only had to tell her to back off a couple of times.

having both in bed with us is a treat. last night was awful. we lost power (no AC) and had all the windows open, which meant both could hear everyone outside and all the fireworks most of the night. when Molly gets back on the bed she jusmps on and has to announce her arrival with lots of kisses and mashing her face into your belly or chest or armpit. just in case you missed the 70lb dobe jumping on the bed.

the kids love her and she loves them. she follows pollo around all the time and the two are really quite cute together.

as soon as the computer is fixed I will get pix up. just had to share the great news about our huge bundle of joy!

cc

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
AWWWW!!!! Im so happy for you, your family, apollo and molly! That is so nice to hear! I hope to see pictures soon:) Such great news!

I saw this book at Borders yesterday...I didn't look inside of it too much...so I don't know exactly what is expected of the book but I think its a cute idea. I just don't know if it is like one of those books where you feel your just reading common sense. But since you said you both will try to lose 10 pounds maybe its worth checking it out at the book store :)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/03...122099/ref=sr_1_1/002-2816293-2446405?ie=UTF8

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know, I know. we finally got a new computer yesterday and are trying to get it up and running. the biggest problem right now is HUBBY LOST THE CAMERA CONNECTOR CABLE!!!!!!!!!! we now have about a thousand pictures and I can't post them without the cabel. tonight I am initiating a family search and destroy mission in the house till it's found. maybe if I put some reward money on the cable, it will turn up.......

anyway the two dober kids are getting along great for the most part. Molly just needs to learn that when Apollo says no, he means it.

Pollo spent one day trying to get a little action out of Miss Molly. My oldest was mortified. "they're both NEUTERED, Mom"!!!!! Jason and I about wet our pants laughing.

will update more when the cable turns up and I can "talk" from home rather than the office

cc

·
Registered
134 Posts
That is awsome!!!

I was wondering, do you have any tips for someone thinking of doing this?

Max is a neutered male. He gets with most dogs he encounters outside his territory of our back yard. When people walk by the fence with a dog, he goes nuts. His hair stands up & he sound very mean. The other day a yellow lab came up to the fence & this dog & Max we nose to nose smelling each other, hbut as soon as the dog left, it was back to the barking & everything.

We have walked Max with no problems with our friends male Boxer, Udo. Max also goes to Fun Camp at a local place & has no issues there either. My parents neighbors have a femal chocolate lab & Max gets along fine with her.

Now, my wife's brother has a 8 year old male Boxer, a 1 & 1/2 German Sheppard/Husky mix, & a puppy female mastiff. The Sheppard/Husky mix is the one we are thinking about taking. her name is Mindy & she is a spayed female. I think she has gone through some trauma because she is very timid & it takes a while for her to approach people. It has also come to the point where because she is submissive, the mastiff & boxer are pushing her around, not letting her eat & the mastiff is just trying to play, but she is pulling fur off Mindy's rear end.

So, we really want to give this a try. What I want to do is get Mindy to the house & immediatley walk the two of them & force them to be around each other, but not get at each other. & also wear them out :)
Then during the walk let them smell each other. Then get them home & bring them into the back yard. I don't know if it would be best to bring Mindy in 1st or both together. Then if they can get along in the backyard, then try letting them in the house.

I worry about things like the pilloows to lay on, the bone to chew on & food. Max has bone aggression. I don't get it. If you try to take his bone away, he gets angry. He has no issues with us sticking our hands in his food bowl & we can lay on his pillow with him, but I don't know about another dog.

Well there it is. Any opinions are welcome :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts