Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
joie de vivre
11,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ali made the girls some collars and I just had to share! They look so good on them and fit really well! I'm already thinking of other colors I want to get. :D

Tali bug!

Fi-monkey (who did not want to cooperate with pictures at all)

And this is how most of Fiona's picture attempts turned out...

(I actually kinda like this one even though she turned her head at the last second and my camera refocused - I was actually trying to get a picture of the collar.)

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
I love the collars! They're both stunning, but the gold really looks great with those gorgeous red coats!

And of course, the girls being stunning models helps!:D

Reactions: brw1982

·
kopfgeschlagen
2,671 Posts
Those are beautiful! Don't they destroy them though? Elke plays really rough and I am amazed at how quickly she can ruin a collar with pretty stuff on it. I really like those though, where did you order them?

Love that last photo too, with just her nose in focus!

·
joie de vivre
11,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those are beautiful! Don't they destroy them though? Elke plays really rough and I am amazed at how quickly she can ruin a collar with pretty stuff on it. I really like those though, where did you order them?

Love that last photo too, with just her nose in focus!
They don't destroy them because these are 'dress collars'. :) Meaning they only wear them when they're lounging politely or if they're leashed and we're out somewhere. They don't wear them to play in the yard or to training. They have good metal hardware but the girls would definitely ruin them (i.e., try to eat the beads off each other's collars) if allowed to play in them.

Ali (OldDrumDobes on DT) made them for the girls! She's made several and they've all been gorgeous. Nova has a beautiful purple-y one. PM her if you're interested in one.

·
kopfgeschlagen
2,671 Posts
They don't destroy them because these are 'dress collars'. :) Meaning they only wear them when they're lounging politely or if they're leashed and we're out somewhere. They don't wear them to play in the yard or to training. They have good metal hardware but the girls would definitely ruin them (i.e., try to eat the beads off each other's collars) if allowed to play in them.
Ahhh, I understand now. Elke has a couple of collars that are only for dress up as well. She and her friends are collar biter wrestlers so I usually keep her in a plan nylon one.

·
Eat Poo and Die
2,193 Posts
Gorgeous collars on two very pretty girls. I love how composed and regal Tali always looks. Fi often has the "I have better things to do" face :D

·
joie de vivre
11,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gorgeous collars on two very pretty girls. I love how composed and regal Tali always looks. Fi often has the "I have better things to do" face :D
LOL

That's her precisely. :)

Reactions: mangujowa

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Those are really nice and kinda flashy. Are they leather or what? I really like them.:)

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
Beautiful!

I've seen collars like that in pictures before, and always thought they were lovely! It's been so very hard not to transfer my personal jewelry obsession to Elka collars.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
The collars are beautiful and so are the models.

Beautiful!

I've seen collars like that in pictures before, and always thought they were lovely! It's been so very hard not to transfer my personal jewelry obsession to Elka collars.
I understand completely about the jewelry obsession, but do you let her wear your jewelry? Oliver's picture in the signature......he's wearing one of my necklace's. My husband says he looks like a pimp. I don't allow him to play in it. LOL

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
The collars are beautiful and so are the models.

I understand completely about the jewelry obsession, but do you let her wear your jewelry? Oliver's picture in the signature......he's wearing one of my necklace's. My husband says he looks like a pimp. I don't allow him to play in it. LOL
I haven't let Elka wear my jewelry, though I do have a pearl collar I've thought about using on her for a "photo shoot"!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I personally love jewelry on a dog and really like the collars shown. Since I have a red, I really like torquoise intermingled with a bronze style color. And of course a more traditional silver for the blacks. I was able to buy 2 collars for the boys. They are for decorative purposes only but as I mentioned before, a jewelers link can be woven to be "a show off" and still have the security while on leash. Really trying to find a way to incorporate torqouise into the collar. Any ideas from those that are crafty?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts