Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm excited to share that Alfred finished this weekend, on his home turf, at the Vancouver Kennel Club show :)

Alfred was handled entirely (and very patiently) by his breeder/co-owner, Faye Strauss. He finished in 15 "days" of shows, with 3 majors (3-, 4-, and 5-points each), two out of the puppy classes (and one at six months!). Faye was nothing but encouraging and supportive, which could NOT have been easy when I showed up ringside at Rose City with an excited, energetic, and entirely untrained Alf!!

Alfie just hit sixteen months and is the first to finish out of the Jet x Tosca litter. Four other puppies in this litter are currently AKC pointed. So the only downside is that his show name is even more of a mouthful now ... Ch Sherluck North By Northwest v Olympic Cove!

I want to especially thank this forum, since I came on here before entering into this arrangement, and asked for guidance as to whether it was a good decision (not knowing Faye and Gary at all, or anything about dog showing!). The feedback I got was all positive, which is why I did it. I haven't once regretted it. So thank you, DT!!

Look for a brag ad in either the Nov/Dec DD (if I can get my act together) or the Jan/Feb issue. Alfie will now be taking some time off to finish growing up, chill out, and get his health testing done, but the "working plan" for now is to bring him back as a special in the future ... he was so ridiculously easy to finish that there are high hopes for this little dude.

So no win pic yet, but here's the little man hanging out at home last week (iPhone photo, sorry) - told you he has some growing up left to do! :)

Thanks for reading :)

·
Super Moderator
21,701 Posts
Congratulations! Way to go, Alfred!

Reactions: kates

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Congratulations on finishing so fast, that's awesome!! Looking forward to seeing his winning photos!

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Congratulations on Alfie's championship!! He's such a handsome boy - can't wait to see his winning/finishing pic! :)

Jan

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations on finishing so fast, that's awesome!! Looking forward to seeing his winning photos!
Thank you! You and me both ...

Congratulations on Alfie's championship!! He's such a handsome boy - can't wait to see his winning/finishing pic! :)

Jan
Thanks Jan! I hope Jordan is enjoying resting on her own laurels ;-)

Congratulations!

Hugz to........................ Ch Sherluck North By Northwest v Olympic Cove!
LOL - told you it was a mouthful!

·
joie de vivre
11,246 Posts
Congratulations!!!

He's a gorgeous boy and deserving of the title!

Love the sleepy bedtime pic. :)

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Thanks Jan! I hope Jordan is enjoying resting on her own laurels ;-)
I think she is! We were going to start an advanced Novice Class at the dog club, but there was a mix up and they put her in the wrong class, so we won't get started with classes now until January!

Can't wait to see Alfie's "brag" ad in DD. Jordan's will be in the Nov/Dec issue. Congratulations again!

Jan

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations!!!

He's a gorgeous boy and deserving of the title!

Love the sleepy bedtime pic. :)
Thank you! I don't know if you can tell but he's resting his head on my SO's chest ... he is just such a love ...

Can't wait to see Alfie's "brag" ad in DD. Jordan's will be in the Nov/Dec issue. Congratulations again!

Jan
Nice! I'll keep my eyes open for her ...

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Congrats! I'll be watching for that win picture... Also, hoping for some peeks of those professional pictures!!

He is a gorgeous boy, its been easy to see from the beginning that he would finish quickly!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congratulations! Ethan and I were there and Alfred looked awesome!
Thank you! You know, I was eyeing a puppy as we were heading out on Sunday and thought it might have been Ethan ... hanging out in the grass area?

This is fantastic news, congrats!
Thanks!! We are thrilled :)

Congrats! I'll be watching for that win picture... Also, hoping for some peeks of those professional pictures!!

He is a gorgeous boy, its been easy to see from the beginning that he would finish quickly!
Gah, you and me both ... we had a rough time on Saturday because by the time we got done showing, the fog had burned off into that bright-bright glaring sunlight. So then we were moving around trying to find sufficiently shady spots with sufficiently pretty backgrounds - it was good times (not at all!!). I'm not sure if we got any useable stack photos, but there should be some lovely headshots at least. And maybe a couple fun candids :) Photographer thinks tonight or tomorrow she'll get raw images into a gallery for me to look at, fingers crossed.

Oh yeah, and thank you!

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Thank you! You know, I was eyeing a puppy as we were heading out on Sunday and thought it might have been Ethan ... hanging out in the grass area?
We were all over the place. We were ringside, outside - pretty much everywhere.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts