Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
she is definately growing....recently my mom had to put her dog to sleep, this past weekend i went out of town. mom and dad babysat... mom is ready for a new one after watching my angel this weekend....

a bad incident today.... i was in the living room with her soaking her ears with a peroxcide solution, the phone rang.. i set her down, i heard her drinking the water/peroxcide..... i told her nine, she stopped but it was too late she let everything she had in her go... what a mess, poor girl... i called the vet to make sure she would be ok and was told she sure would be and that peroxcide is used to induce vomiting in dogs if theyve eatin something dangerous.... i never knew that, glad i do now, but sorry it was on her discomfort, maybe she will think twice bout drinking from anything but her bowl now (wishful thinking)

the bissel little green steam cleaner is the dog owners best friend for simploe cleanups
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,593 Posts
yeah I was watching 3 dogs that are terrors! they get into anything and everything. lol well they got into some brownie mix and chocolate frosting...so i called the vet...they connected me to their poison control for no charge...and they said to give a certain amount of peroxide depending on the size of the doggy...after that i put them out side...and there they go! GOOD THING I PUT THEM OUTSIDE! I would NOT want to clean that up! haha. Anyways she is beautiful! I remember the ears full of glue time! lol Way to keep up with those ears!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
953 Posts
Oh she's adorable!! How old? She looks about the same age as Bruno.

I had no idea peroxide induced vomiting in dogs. That's a good thing to know. Sorry you had to find out about it like you did tho. Glad she's fine :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
Great pics hotpursuit. Don't they grow too fast. :sadcry:

I didn't know about the peroxide either. Handy knowledge to have. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Luv_my_Bruno said:
Oh she's adorable!! How old? She looks about the same age as Bruno.

I had no idea peroxide induced vomiting in dogs. That's a good thing to know. Sorry you had to find out about it like you did tho. Glad she's fine :)
she is 13 weeks old, 28lbs.....looks like bruno got a few weeks on her....

when i was at the vet today, we talked bout peroxcide... she dobe owners should no this more than any due to our dogs have the most airway blockages and poison issues due to there chew everything nature
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
953 Posts
Yep...He does. Bruno is 16 weeks and about 35lbs, 19" high. He's a big boy. But the smallest in his litter!!

I'm really glad I read this post and now know about the peroxide. I had no idea what so ever. But it will now save me a call to the vet if Bruno does swallow anything that I don't believe to be harmfull (like Lapdog said about chocolate). That's some really good info to know!! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,757 Posts
not only chocolate, but toothpaste too. Cody actually liked the taste of toothpaste and loved to have his teeth brushed - to the point I had to be careful not to spit on his head when I was brushing.

the only problem is that while he would have minty fresh breath, if he got into the tube, (which he always tried to - especially with the kids) he could have overdosed on the flouride. So put the toothpaste up on a high shelf too.

Oi. it is amazing what these kids can get into!
cc
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top