Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

It’s been a while since I have been here.....I sincerely hope everyone is well?
I’ve been trying to keep up with queries via DM regarding Axel and Brutal Dragons so I really hope I’ve not missed anything.

So I have news..........we are getting a puppy!!!!!!

She is from Brutal Dragons, tbh I wouldn’t even consider a dog from anywhere else so that is a testimony to the ongoing care, support and commitment on the breeders part.
I actually stumbled across a comment on a post from last year which red flagged Nina for not supplying pedigree info.....this is very very unusual. However she is EXTREMELY busy and I do know from conversations with her that she worries about not being able to respond as quickly as she would like sometimes! She has actually partnered with someone (called Tim) in the U.K. to help with queries and who will be the go to should anyone have any issues. Nina cares a huge amount about her puppies....she cries every time she puts them in the transport crates and waves them goodbye

....She will ALWAYS provide health and pedigree info so I find that a bit odd.

Anyway our babies name is Corina She will be with us at the end of April we hope beyond hope that Axel will accept her into our home because I am 100% in love with her already

She is a beautiful brown and tan full euro and will be all natural in stark constant to cropped and docked black and tan Axel

4weeks:

6weeks:

Just a little Axel update too he’s an absolute babe.....we are managing to work through his worry around strange dogs....we now successful intro’d him to a few dogs who he will walk with without issue! We struggle to keep weight on him which is annoying....we try to feed him more but he won’t eat it any tips greatly appreciated

Here he is:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I could be wrong but I thought Tim was that scumbag broker that will sell anything and scam people out of money in the UK. I could be remembering the totally wrong person, as that sometimes does happen.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I could be wrong but I thought Tim was that scumbag broker that will sell anything and scam people out of money in the UK. I could be remembering the totally wrong person, as that sometimes does happen.
That was Peter at U.K. Dobermans

Tim is legit.....I’ve personally spoken to Nina about it
Puppies still come direct from Nina....Tim just helps with queries because Nina gets A LOT of queries and she hates letting people down

This is Tim and Ninas partnership for the U.K.

·
Big Lil pup
6,306 Posts
Hi L&A. Congratulations on your new puppy!

So. Puppy fever..... It's been flying around here too.

My son recently had to put down his 10 1/2yo, so my grandkids are getting their "Dobe fix" at my house as of late. They are getting a new pup from the breeder of their last 2 dogs in 1 1/2 weeks.

Just curious... Are there any issues importing dogs these days into the UK? I heard that Brexit along with Covid restrictions might be causing some problems. My brother in law lives in London and mentioned that he has stopped traveling with their dog in Europe because of the hassle.

In any case... A big welcome from the Pacific NW to your new girl, Corina.

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi L&A. Congratulations on your new puppy!

So. Puppy fever..... It's been flying around here too.

My son recently had to put down his 10 1/2yo, so my grandkids are getting their "Dobe fix" at my house as of late. They are getting a new pup from the breeder of their last 2 dogs in 1 1/2 weeks.

Just curious... Are there any issues importing dogs these days into the UK? I heard that Brexit along with Covid restrictions might be causing some problems. My brother in law lives in London and mentioned that he has stopped traveling with their dog in Europe because of the hassle.

In any case... A big welcome from the Pacific NW to your new girl, Corina.

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR
Hey John,
I am sorry to hear about your sons Dobe I can’t imagine the heartbreak.
No real issue with importing.....more paperwork required and the importer (puppy buyer) now has to pay 20% VAT on import as pups are now treated as goods.
In terms of travel I think it is more complicated now but paperwork wise more than anything....unless there are multiple animals (more than 5) which I believe adds an extra layer of complexity. I think things should calm down and become clearer as time goes on.

Xxx

·
Premium Member
9,955 Posts
Good to hear back from you L & A ! Congrats on the new little girl ! LOL Just remember ---- you heard it here first - having a pair of Dobermans is NOT double the work attention - there will be days it's more like X 10 , lol

So how is things across the pond ????

Better get some pictures up on here of Big boy

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,252 Posts
Ahhh...Sweet little Corina is a cutie! Axel doesn't know what will hit him soon... (big trouble in a small package) 😁
Just ask ECIN about his new female Evie and Mr. B!
I agree with what ECIN said about having 2-Dobes, much more than twice the work (and fun)!

Those nice natural ears will be just perfect for Axel to nibble on and tease baby Corina, for a while, until the new boss takes over....

Here's a small sample of what's in store for you... :)

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,252 Posts
Aw, that's not so bad, SD--I didn't see anything knocked onto the floor and broken....
Both Dobes learned early on that if they knock stuff down (e.g. baby gates) lots of scary noise follows and they run for the hills (furthest corners of house).
As a result, their respect for the dreaded baby gates kept most of our furnishings and decor intact, despite daily wrastlin' sessions! :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good to hear back from you L & A ! Congrats on the new little girl ! LOL Just remember ---- you heard it here first - having a pair of Dobermans is NOT double the work attention - there will be days it's more like X 10 , lol

So how is things across the pond ????

Better get some pictures up on here of Big boy
Oh no don’t say that Aaron is already concerned that it will be more effort than fun!!

·
Premium Member
7,829 Posts
So how are things going for you and yours.
Are you working from home?
Kiddo doing virtual schooling?
Whats life like over there these days.
We are returning to the office next Monday.
Just got our second vaccine last week.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So how are things going for you and yours.
Are you working from home?
Kiddo doing virtual schooling?
Whats life like over there these days.
We are returning to the office next Monday.
Just got our second vaccine last week.
You lucky thing.....I am still waiting for first dose of vaccine!

Yes working from home - now Product Manager for a Covid PCR test
Zoe home schools on a Monday but I am classes as a key worker so she goes to school tues-Friday now which is much better for her as an only child she is very lonely whilst I am working flat out

Life it pretty much like Groundhog Day.....we are in National lockdown so the best it gets is waking Axel in a local park!

Pretty boring really!

Where are you based?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts