Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just started poking around, here:)
I'm looking for a Doberman to keep company with our 8 1/2 yr male , crazy choc. Lab., and our very ancient Siamese kitty.
The one puppy I found has already had a deposit placed. I was hoping someone may be able to send me to a good breeder in my area....Massachusetts.
I've had English mastiffs, a rotty, and malamutes,...but never a Doberman. I have friends with them, and they adore them.
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks so much
K

·
Super Moderator
21,983 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

You may want to start a thread in the "Breeding and Breeders" section with your location in the title, and people can steer you towards an ethical breeder. Dobermans have a lot of significant health issues, so choosing a good breeder who does thorough health testing and is breeding to the breed standard is very important. You also see a lot of temperament issues in Dobermans that are not carefully bred.

Since you have a male lab, you'll want to look for a female puppy. Same sex aggression is common in the breed.

Reactions: tuxedojack

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Welcome from Virginia....As Meadowcat said, a good place to start is in the breeder section on here - and thanks for doing your homework and NOT supporting back yard breeders...

Best of luck in your search!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts